THERE IS NO GRAHAM CRACKER IN FINLAND!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
userface

Post by userface » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:24 pm

hELLO!

I have been looking for a shop that sell graham crackers and there is none. i even tried going to that american shop in WTC buy they don't have graham crackers. Can someone, please, please tell me where to buy this or just tell me the closest kind. Thanks a lot!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

karen

Post by karen » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:57 pm

I've used kaura keks and digestive biscuits successfully. I prefer the kaura keks. That's just my opinion, of course.

Cynde

graham crackers

Post by Cynde » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:04 pm

Yes, I would use digestives and maybe add a little cinnamon to a recipe. If you want to eat them straight try putting sugar on top and cinnamon and putting them in the oven for few minutes. Or try these http://www.preparedpantry.com/honeygrahm.htm and http://homecooking.about.com/library/ar ... okie69.htm. I have learned to make a lot of things in my time!
Good luck!
Cynde

haahatus

Post by haahatus » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:56 pm

Tadpole'sMommy wrote:I've used kaura keks and digestive biscuits successfully. I prefer the kaura keks. That's just my opinion, of course.
I dont know if you are aware of that or not , but they are called kaura keksi or havrekex translated into swedish.

karen

Post by karen » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:59 pm

Sorry, didn't realize it would bug you so much. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

userface

Post by userface » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:51 am

^^ OH god!! thank you so much for this. haha. i am really craving to make a very simple treat but my main ingredient is nowhere to be found. now i know. thank you so much.

By the way, it is basically a combination of cream and condensed milk mix togehter and some chocoloate syrup. I don't know how this is called but I crave for it since there is no shops who sell it here.

karen

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:03 am

I could come over tomorrow and give my opinion about it. What time suits you? :lol:

smilesalot

Post by smilesalot » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:11 am

Is this where the lines starts, I can show you how to make a real good hot fudge with real ingredients no artificial stuff. Ive found a chocolate that tastes
just like semisweet chocolate chips, I compared them to the trader joes brand I brought with me. Its in our local grocery stores here in finland.

mmmmmm...mmmm drool ... smack smack lol

smilesalot :)

you use less energy and muscles to smile than frown

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:51 am

I am really glad people are having really serious problems that have profound effects on the society. :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

karen

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:35 am

smilesalot wrote:Is this where the lines starts, I can show you how to make a real good hot fudge with real ingredients no artificial stuff. Ive found a chocolate that tastes
just like semisweet chocolate chips, I compared them to the trader joes brand I brought with me. Its in our local grocery stores here in finland.
Are you talking about Minut Block? Why not just share the product and don't make everything a big secret.

smilesalot

Post by smilesalot » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:40 am

Sorry to keep you in suspense since this is userface's topic I didn't want to interfere, besides I only like to share when others are interested.
If your refering the the chocolate its the Generic dark chocolate sold at all K stores, it has a red wrapper I forget the name(I haven't had my chocolate fix yet today).
Im up in Tampere, enjoying the christmas lites right now so I can't post a picture until I go back to Hel. on Monday.

Smilesalot :)

When befriended, remember it. When you befriend, forget it

Nukkepöksy

Post by Nukkepöksy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:35 pm

I was so upset about the absence of graham crackers in this country, i almost packed up and left. IT'S SIMPLY INHUMANE! I havne't quite got over it yet, so please don't make me talk about it anymore. I can't even hold my head up straight. My world has turned into a crumbled mess of cinamon and digestive cookies, and it's.. it's.. *sigh*... I don't know. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles. POORLY, BAH!
ImageEevaImage

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:46 pm

smilesalot wrote: Generic dark chocolate sold at all K stores, it has a red wrapper I forget the name
Fazer has "taloussuklaa" that'd fit the description. I love that stuff.

If one goes to Lidl they have some chocklates that are very dark & bitter (almost too bitter)
Cheers, Hank W.

Nukkepöksy

Post by Nukkepöksy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:49 pm

Hank W. wrote:If one goes to Lidl they have some chocklates that are very dark & bitter (almost too bitter)
\
Mmmm. I had this chocolate from france one time. It was dark chocolate and i swear it didn't have an ounce of sugar in it. It was truly disgusting. To top it all off, it was filled with coffee grinds. It was so aweful i wanted to gag after the first bite. My teeth were black...but then.. i had to have more. AND MORE AND MORE, and ate the thre bars i had. Now, every time i eat chocolate, i think of my former dark french mistress......
ImageEevaImage

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:09 pm

I've had these chocklate-covered coffee beans. Taste vile, but the fix...
Cheers, Hank W.