All sounds greek to me!

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Samppa

Post by Samppa » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:46 am

Beans, tahini or sesame (hmm) oil, or sesame seeds, salt, garlic (be careful with garlic, don't put too much! One, maxumum two, cloves is more than enough), salt, olive oil, water, other spicies you like, blend it well and enjoy :D

G.S.

Make war with love

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MinnaRaisanen

Post by MinnaRaisanen » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:47 am

My ex is Arabic and his mother used to make it without that Tahini stuff too as far as I remember....well, I'm just going to have to give it a shot and see what happens...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

Tiia

Post by Tiia » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:57 pm

I found something they call hummus here in Tampere from the Punnitse ja Säästä (Weigh and Save) shop. Haven't tried it yet though. It was right next to Marmite, so you might be able to find other things there too that aren't available in normal shops.

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:13 am

Tiia wrote:the Punnitse ja Säästä (Weigh and Save) shop.
GOOD GRIEF what a name for a shop!!!! :P :lol:
"Sitaatti on älyn säihkyvä korvike" (Jukka Virtanen)

allthatglitters

Re: All sounds greek to me!

Post by allthatglitters » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Is it now possible to buy hummus in the supermarkets in finland? i am moving to from the uk to finland in around 1 month and here u get hummus even in the smallest supermarket... how is it in finland? as i havent been in finland since a couple of years so i need to update myself :D
“It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”