Makes 10 Muffins
2 eggs, beaten
85g/3oz caster sugar
240ml/8fl oz milk
100ml/3½fl oz vegetable oil
300g/10oz plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 lemons, zest only
For the topping:
50g/2oz icing sugar
1 lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Mix the egg, sugar, milk and oil in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and then add the lemon. Roughly mix.
2. Spoon the mixture into the pre-prepared muffin cases.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Make the lemon drizzle topping by mixing together the sugar and lemon juice.
5. Spoon over the cooled muffins.
Ive currently got these in the oven for some hungry men tomorrow, so Ill let you know how they turn out
Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
1 post • Page 1 of 1