Any Americans interested in language & culture?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Donald

Post by Donald » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:30 pm

Hank W. wrote:Do Americans have culture? :mrgreen:

About 140+- years longer than Finns... :mrgreen: :wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Donald

Post by Donald » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:37 pm

Caroline wrote:heidieh: It's refreshing to find someone else who's not in the IT or other science industry :lol:

I don't live in the Helsinki area, but I am 28 and a bachelor of fine arts from the University of Massachusetts. I love talking about New England (where I was born and raised), and I should take a visit to Helsinki sometime in the near future (haven't been there in 2 years!), so maybe we can meet.

Hey Caroline,

How's the business going? By the way, I too am not in IT and I am Salem State business major. The Sox are 2½ out with a weekend series with the Yanks.....this could be the year! :wink:

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:25 pm

Donald wrote:
Caroline wrote:heidieh: It's refreshing to find someone else who's not in the IT or other science industry :lol:

I don't live in the Helsinki area, but I am 28 and a bachelor of fine arts from the University of Massachusetts. I love talking about New England (where I was born and raised), and I should take a visit to Helsinki sometime in the near future (haven't been there in 2 years!), so maybe we can meet.

Hey Caroline,

How's the business going? By the way, I too am not in IT and I am Salem State business major. The Sox are 2½ out with a weekend series with the Yanks.....this could be the year! :wink:

Hi Donald,

It's getting there, little by little. Filled a custom order recently, sent some sample merchandise to a gift shop in a popular Vermont tourist area, and filed for ALV registration here in Finland. As far as the bakery idea is concerned, I'm probably going to ask around for possibilities to sublet a licensed kitchen so that I can be prepared to take orders without having to worry about investing a lot to set up my own space in the beginning. It's so hot right now that people aren't buying many baked goods- they are more popular in autumn and around Xmas.

I've looked into a couple of Finland's organizations for marketing development of artisans' businesses, but...I don't know...I haven't found them to be all that helpful...the emphasis seems to be on staying in school forever and letting the government support them.
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Remembah whea ya pahked ya cah!