BBQ Thread

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Sara

BBQ Thread

Post by Sara » Wed May 28, 2003 12:45 pm

Seeing as its getting warm I thought we could all post our BBQ recipes!

Sticky Garlic Chicken Kebabs

Marinate chicken pieces in

2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons worcester sauce
3 crushed garlic gloves
2 teaspoons tabasco

leave for a few hours or overnight if possible. Thread onto skewers and BBQ or grill.

Tuna steaks marinated in a little olive oil/lemon juice and a chopped red chilli

Bananas!! Don't peel them, just throw them on the grill until the skins turn black - serve with vanilla ice-cream.

BBQ Thread

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jvrijn

Re: BBQ Thread

Post by jvrijn » Wed May 28, 2003 12:48 pm

Sara wrote:Bananas!! Don't peel them, just throw them on the grill until the skins turn black - serve with vanilla ice-cream.

Or, cut the skins open on one side but leave them on the banana. Stuff pieces of dark chocolate in there. On the barby until skins black and chocolate is liquid.

/Jeroen

daive

Re: BBQ Thread

Post by daive » Wed May 28, 2003 2:34 pm

jvrijn wrote:
Sara wrote:Bananas!! Don't peel them, just throw them on the grill until the skins turn black - serve with vanilla ice-cream.

Or, cut the skins open on one side but leave them on the banana. Stuff pieces of dark chocolate in there. On the barby until skins black and chocolate is liquid.

/Jeroen

You beat me to it Jeroen, I was going to say the same thing. If you like funky, then cut a slit in the side of the banana and insert smarties, then when the skin is black, peel back the skin to reveal a multicoloured chocolatey banana... yeah baby!

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed May 28, 2003 2:55 pm

"Multicoloured Chocolate Banana". At last I have a name for my electro-jazz-rock-fusion combo...