Dutch Stroop Wafels

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Caroline

Dutch Stroop Wafels

Post by Caroline » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:24 pm

I fell in love with them at home in the States, then they were discontinued at the only shop that sold them in my area, and now here in Oulu there is only one place that sells them, 2.50€ for a pack of 6.

Can anyone tell me how much they cost in Holland; is there the possibility to get an individual contact there so I could buy them direct?

Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Dutch Stroop Wafels

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:53 pm

I guess it's a bit difficult to get them warm here with the fresh stroop almost pouring from in between the wafels (I see you're starting to drool :lol: ).
Although it actually works to put them in the microwave for a few seconds, or let them warm up on your cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate.

If you buy them from Holland they would cost something like € 1,75-€ 2,00 for a pack of 12.

I could probably forward a pack or two over to you, once I've contacted my parents for my share of them :wink:

It's something that would actually fit in the thread what you miss most from home :)

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:21 pm

Just checked the Albert Heijn and they have 3 different kinds from mini to extra large all for € 1 pc eg pack of 10 luxury ones will set you back one Euro.....

Hmm maybe I should send a note to Mr Albert Heijn (yes he does exist ) telling him that it seems that in finland the profit margins are ever so slightly higher :D

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:57 pm

Either way sounds great. I'll contact you again when I am ready to order some. Thanks so much for your replies!
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

boO_fi

Post by boO_fi » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:41 pm

mmm stroop wafels :)
b0 selecta!

Leenboon

Re: Dutch Stroop Wafels

Post by Leenboon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Looking for more then 100 Belgian Waffle recipes?

http://belgischewafels.blogspot.com/