Lox, bagel and cream cheese

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
jmakinen

Re: Lox, bagel and cream cheese

Post by jmakinen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 am

ps - btw
Hopefully your concept of taste and preferences is not so one dimensional as to limit itself to chili quantity.
With regard to your 'logic' - I can hardly see how your comment below - with your reference to the quote just above - has ANY RELEVANCE - I'm saying there is MORE to taste and preferences than quantities of chili - just COMPLETELY opposite of what you are saying - and to boot in no way saying liking more or less chili is inferior
I think it is you who should widen his taste and preferences. And accept that other people just do not like the same things. And stop acting as if all preferences but yours are somehow inferior...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

jmakinen wrote: To each his own - bon appetit!
See? What was so difficult in admitting that others might have differing tastes?
Now you have managed to make two concessions that you were wrong about.
First about food being altered to suit local preferences, and now you are admitting that others have valid preferences too.
You really are DAFFY. I hardly support ONE TASTE - ONE WAY - might be one of the reasons I have about 1500 cookbooks and traveled to 60+ countries

But hey - if tough meat and mushy carrots float your boat - keep your daffiness with all its 'pleasures'
Your collection of cookbooks and travelling does not mean you are not narrowminded, arrogant little ass who thinks his word is the holy truth in questions of food.

Apparently it has done just the opposite, considering your condescending attitude and way you present your own taste preferences as the "real" think. "Real" bagel being done in the way jmaki says it has to be made, "real" pasta being what jmaki says it is.

Your ego was in serious need of popping. Don't blame me if it hurt.
jmakinen wrote:ps - btw
ps- btw, there is handy "edit" function in board.
With regard to your 'logic' - I can hardly see how your comment below - with your reference to the quote just above - has ANY RELEVANCE - I'm saying there is MORE to taste and preferences than quantities of chili - just COMPLETELY opposite of what you are saying - and to boot in no way saying liking more or less chili is inferior
Your whole argument boils down to "Finns eat so bad, they do not know good stuff no matter how hard I have tried to force it down their throats".

That indeed means that there is only ONE way of doing things, your way. Only ONE set of "correct" taste, YOUR taste.

And you constantly are calling things preferred, or versions preferred, by Finns with derogatory expressions.

How is that not trying to imply that Finnish taste is not inferior to yours?

jmakinen

Post by jmakinen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:52 am

Your whole argument boils down to "Finns eat so bad, they do not know good stuff no matter how hard I have tried to force it down their throats".
OMG man - can't you read? - these forums are FILLED with how much Finland has CHANGED (or should we say WIDENED) their tastes over the last decades. And they are surely not only MY opinions. In fact they are also - significantly - the opinions of Buyers employed by the Supermarkets, etc. - and by probably thousands of restaurant owners - aside from the millions of consumers.

I cannot figure out what hobby horse you are trying to continually ride on.

And Geez - even the prime minister of Italy has opinions on this :roll:

jmakinen

Post by jmakinen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:05 pm

And the articles I tried to introduce in the '70's are now being gobbled down by the container-ship loads! Yes - man - CHANGE - DEVELOPMENT - it happens! Welcome aboard if they'll let you out.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:55 pm

jmakinen wrote:And Geez - even the prime minister of Italy has opinions on this :roll:
I think every prime minister has opinions on this, some just seem to be more professional with them. He should tell his opinion in anonymous web forum instead of international news.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

jmakinen

Post by jmakinen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 pm

I think every prime minister has opinions on this, some just seem to be more professional with them. He should tell his opinion in anonymous web forum instead of international news.
Well the way to do it these days is for them to call the US Embassy - and then it will be distributed world-wide via Wikileaks.

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Well, you shouldn't be allowed to say "lox", it sounds very silly. Bagels are ok though.

tuulen

Post by tuulen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:29 am

Finland has salmon, and Finland has cream cheese, but now Finland needs a proper bagel, a bagel boiled and then baked.

You went fishing, and you caught a salmon, maybe a big one, but now what are you going to do with it?

You kill it, cut off its head, then you clean out all of its insides, and now you have a fish ready to eat.

You could cook it, but instead you could use a sharp knife and cut the salmon into thin slices.

It is known that thin slices of salmon taste good with cream cheese in a bread sandwich.

Yet, it turns out that the best kind of bread is a bagel, many kinds of bagels.

Salmon (tai lox), bagel and cream cheese, delightful!

A sprinkling of pepper is optional.

Ah, that is good!

Enjoy!

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 pm

tuulen wrote: You kill it, cut off its head, then you clean out all of its insides, and now you have a fish ready to eat.
Seems to be what eventually happened to this thread.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

tuulen

Post by tuulen » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 am

Yeah, I could be guilty of introducing foreign culture into Finland.

But yeah, lox, bagel and cream cheese with a sprinkle of pepper is good!

And if that helps to keep New York City alive, then it could do wonders for Finland, too.

;-)