Please Help with my thesis about exportation of Tomato

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
darkshadow

Post by darkshadow » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:10 am

Good night everybody

I hope you all are doing ok :).

I am doing a small survey which I would like to use for my thesis.
That is way I would need your help. It won’t take you more than 5 minutes and I would really appreciate it.

This survey is for people who are currently living in Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden, it does not matter your age or gender, so please, fill this survey out and send this to your friends, relatives or whoever you want.

This is the Survey link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L8MZFG8

If you are not in one of those countries, but you know someone who is living over there, please, send it as well

Thank you soooooooo much.

Regards from a Spaniard who spent one beautiful year in Mikkeli :P

P.S: If you want to know the results just ask me in a couple of weeks ;)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: Please Help with my thesis about exportation of Tomato

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:22 am

Nowadays the Finnish supermarkets sell FINNISH tomatoes. Finland has some seriously cutting-edge producers who are using geo-thermic heating and LED lighting so they are able to produce tomatoes as cheaply as Dutch and Spanish growers. Most Finns will buy Finnish produce when they can get it even if it means paying a bit extra.

In your questionnaire there is no room for LOCAL produce (in the question on origins) and you don't include countries like Israel which also exports tomatoes to Finland.

Didn't understand the question about degrees of familiarity. What do you mean by "familiar with" on a scale of 1-7??? Are you referring to taste, brand?

The question about price needs to be re-callibrated! In Finland almost ALL tomatoes, regardless of origin, quality, taste etc cost more than 2,50e / kg!!! People will easily pay 4 or 5e /kg for cherry tomatoes.

jefbohn

Post by jefbohn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:25 pm

penelope wrote:Nowadays the Finnish supermarkets sell FINNISH tomatoes. Finland has some seriously cutting-edge producers who are using geo-thermic heating and LED lighting so they are able to produce tomatoes as cheaply as Dutch and Spanish growers. Most Finns will buy Finnish produce when they can get it even if it means paying a bit extra.
Are they OK to eat? (I mean not whether the are edible or not but whether they're tasty :) ) Finland doesn't look like tomato country)
Regards,iOS 7 apdate
iOS 7) I like it
Last edited by jefbohn on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 pm

jefbohn wrote:Are they OK to eat? (I mean not whether the are edible or not but whether they're tasty :) ) Finland doesn't look like tomato country)
At least they were a much more tasty than their foreign counterparts. So much more that it warranted the double price... sometimes. Nowadays I seem to prefer cherry or plum tomatoes and they seem to be foreign, so I can't vouch the current situation.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:20 pm

jefbohn wrote:
penelope wrote:Nowadays the Finnish supermarkets sell FINNISH tomatoes. Finland has some seriously cutting-edge producers who are using geo-thermic heating and LED lighting so they are able to produce tomatoes as cheaply as Dutch and Spanish growers. Most Finns will buy Finnish produce when they can get it even if it means paying a bit extra.
Are they OK to eat? (I mean not whether the are edible or not but whether they're tasty :) ) Finland doesn't look like tomato country)
Regards, custom web application development
Think of it this way... For tomato to be fine when it hits the shelf in Finland, how long before that it has to leave from Spain and in what condition?
Often fruits ripen up during the voyage, which means they are not quite as good as ones which would be picked ripe from the plant and then taken to the store.