Boxes of tissues in Finland

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Keravalainen

Re: Boxes of tissues in Finland

Post by Keravalainen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi!
Tissues in a box are sold in every Lidl shop. "Beauty ISEREE 3-ply Balsam Tissues" 90 tissues in a box.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lperalta

Post by Lperalta » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 am

No, I,m sorry you,ve got it all wrong. I,m not checking up on what she said regarding the tissues. I simply asked the question because she loves the designs on the boxes and one day said she would miss dressing up her bedroom with the different designs. She explained the ones in plastic bags and I said I would join a forum and ask if maybe others living in Finland could tell us where she could find them there.
Many thanks to everyone for your replies .....

Ahh, no... you got it the wrong way. OP is checking up on their host student if she is telling the truth or not that you can't buy US style (Kleenex) tissue boxes here. Yes, you can, but as others have said it's really not something that is generally sold, so most would not even notice it... or even if they see it, not realize what it is, as it's not something that is used here. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if the student hadn't seen them here. (I've seen them sold in Stockmann's... but I knew what they were.)

So... OP... why are you checking up on what your student claims? My host mother didn't ever really believe what I said about Finland, and it used to drive me absolutely nuts! Sun rises late and sets early during the winter, so that it is rising when I go to school and setting when I come home... nope, not buying it. That we actually had a microwave oven at home (this was late 80's) and that I had used one before... nope, not buying that one either (in her mind Finland was very close to a 3rd world country). Very nice to basically call me a liar![/quote]

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am

Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Lperalta wrote: I simply asked the question because she loves the designs on the boxes

I was in a small S-Market earlier today and had a look. Two brands of boxed tissues. One of them had two different box designs. One looked like Snow White, the other was maybe Winnie-the-Pooh. But both looked liked they would appeal to toddlers.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

carolinemaher

Post by carolinemaher » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:35 pm

KMarket, CityMarket, Stockmann all sell them

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:48 pm

I think they're a relatively "new" thing in Finland, these boxed kleenexes. i remember seeing them around the past 2-3 years but not when I was younger. If you wanted to blow your nose you got one of those plastic 200-packs, or then the small pocket-size packs, though I just had a kitchen roll on the bedside if I had a flu... I think cloth handkerchiefs have gone out of fashion even though that was about the best to have as the paper hankies exploded into bits when you had a good sneeze.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."