Jamie Oliver salmon recipe needed...

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:21 pm

My wife wants this Jamie Oliver salmon recipe, to be cooked on a barbeque or something apparently. So, before, I start trawling the net for it, if anyone would be kind enough to chuck it to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:52 am

I would have it, but my book is back in Vantaa Im afraid. Remember something to do with wet newspaper :wink:

you can also check out the food and recipe section on http://www.bbc.co.uk Im sure its been on there at some point.

daive

Re: Jamie Oliver salmon recipe needed...

Post by daive » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:53 am

Gonzo wrote:My wife wants this Jamie Oliver salmon recipe, to be cooked on a barbeque or something apparently. So, before, I start trawling the net for it, if anyone would be kind enough to chuck it to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance!
Salmon with Herbs in Newspaper

A copy of The Times (London, New York, Chicago, or LA, your choice)
4 large handfuls fresh mixed herbs (dill, basil, rosemary, flat leaf parsley, and fennel tops)
1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound/ 1.5 kilogram) whole salmon, scaled and gutted
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil
2 lemons, thinly sliced
6 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fennel seeds, cracked
Open out the paper to the middle page, and scatter half the herbs over it.
Place the salmon in the middle of the paper and season inside and out and rub with olive oil.
Scatter over the lemon slices, spring onions, fennel seeds and remaining herbs, tucking some inside the fish.
Drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
Wrap the paper around the salmon, securing it well with lots of string.
Dampen the paper well under the tap. Place parcel directly on the top shelf of a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven, for 35 minutes, or preferably, cook on the barbecue or on a rack over a camp fire for about 25 minutes on each side.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty: Easy

Hope all goes well, Daive

Gonzo

fanks

Post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:22 pm

That's the puppy, Daive!

And thanks to the others for some equally delicious sounding contributions. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes when the weather picks up and we're brave enough to try it!

:)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:48 pm

Awww shucks. People needing recipes and all.

I just got to the local S-market, they had salmon with a decent price so I just hoped we had tin foil and one of those heavier tin cake pans (no, but a perforated barbecue helper). Anyhow, just wrapped the salmon up, doused with peppers (had no lemon) and then with no white wine used 'juice' perry cider as the key element. The trick is sweet (cheapest) white wine and a good mix of peppers. Lemon is also almost essential, Turkish lemon tea does the trick perfectly sprinkled on top for taste. Tossed it on the broil, forgot. Got people asking for recipe... I was again... you just like... do it... hmmm... improvised salmon this time.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:43 pm

Yes, Hank, but this Jamie we're talking about. The one all the women want to mother him, & snuggle his boyish looking face into their bossoms.

Me, I just want to see an episode where one of the 'problem' kids at 15 get fed up with his whining & runs him through with a filleting knife.
Jamie's eye bulge, blood stains his chief-whites & trickles from his over inlflated lips, as he gasps "You ... don't ... use ... a ... filletknife .... to ...carve ... you sh!t !" Then he dies. Wooo YAY !