Vantaa

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Caffeine_PL

Vantaa

Post by Caffeine_PL » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Hello,
I'll be in August in Vantaa. Is there anything worth to visit in Vantaa? I'd like to visit also Helsinki but I don't know what's the distance between these cities and how can I get to Helsinki from the main airport.

Vantaa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jahasjahas

Re: Vantaa

Post by jahasjahas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Caffeine_PL wrote:Is there anything worth to visit in Vantaa?
The only thing I can think of is the the Finnish Science Centre Heureka.
I'd like to visit also Helsinki but I don't know what's the distance between these cities and how can I get to Helsinki from the main airport.
It's right next door. (Well, 30-35 minutes by bus.) Taking a bus is simple: Bus and taxi services to Helsinki Airport. On a more general level, HSL's Journey Planner tells you how to get from A to B.

Jukka Aho

Post by Jukka Aho » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 am

Caffeine_PL wrote:I'll be in August in Vantaa. Is there anything worth to visit in Vantaa? I'd like to visit also Helsinki but I don't know what's the distance between these cities and how can I get to Helsinki from the main airport.
It’s best to think of Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa as different sides of the same “city” with Helsinki being the “city proper”. The only reason the three (plus Kauniainen) haven’t yet merged is inertia caused by local politics. Check out this post for some potentially useful links and pointers.
znark

Caffeine_PL

Post by Caffeine_PL » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Thank you all for the information! :) It's very helpful for me :D