Popcorn - Why did no one ever tell me?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
frankb

Post by frankb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:31 am

Turns out you can put plain popcorn kernels in a well-closed paper bag and put in a micro.

The % 'pop' is less but so what. One can add what one wants themselves instead of the 567 ingredients one finds in the MicroPop. I have an air popper and use that as well - but the 'new' method fast and convenient - especially for smaller amounts.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: Popcorn - Why did no one ever tell me?

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I do mine in a saucepan on the hob (with the lid on). Probably easier then messing around with paper bags in the microwave.

I'm not sure where I would begin to look for a paper bag... Candy King? They aren't big enough though.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:11 pm

frankb wrote:Turns out you can put plain popcorn kernels in a well-closed paper bag and put in a micro.

The % 'pop' is less but so what.
If you want a better result, get hold of a piece of susceptor boards. It's the silvery thing in the bottom of microwave chips boxes. It can be re-used. :D
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

frankb

Post by frankb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm not sure where I would begin to look for a paper bag... Candy King? They aren't big enough though.
You can use 2 of the Lidl bakery bags - turning the plastic windows to be on opposite sides. Many other breads are in paper bags.
I do mine in a saucepan on the hob (with the lid on).
I was trying to avoid the oily pans - though I hear one can dry pop in a pan too. (?)