Opinions please: Restaurant Troikka, Helsinki

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Mon May 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello!

I'm planning to invite a friend of mine to a somewhat nicer dinner, and I was wondering what people here think of the Russian restaurant "Troikka"? It got good reviews on eat.fi, the menu looked interesting and the photos of the interior exotic, but I would still welcome any opinions and experiences you might have.

Basically, the idea is for this dinner to be somewhat special in terms of food and atmosphere, without being overly posh or pricey -- so I was hoping of a main course and dessert fitting into a budget of 40-45 e per person.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

blaugrau

Re: Opinions please: Restaurant Troikka, Helsinki

Post by blaugrau » Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Alright, I admit I posted before I searched -- my apologies! So there have been a few threads already here on the forum mentioning Troikka -- but perhaps there's someone who nevertheless wants to share a more recent experience?

Jukka Aho

Re: Opinions please: Restaurant Troikka, Helsinki

Post by Jukka Aho » Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 pm

blaugrau wrote:I'm planning to invite a friend of mine to a somewhat nicer dinner, and I was wondering what people here think of the Russian restaurant "Troikka"? It got good reviews on eat.fi, the menu looked interesting and the photos of the interior exotic, but I would still welcome any opinions and experiences you might have.
I have no experience on Troikka but I have eaten in Šašlik and it was quite nice. Food and the interiors/atmosphere were sufficiently “exotic” and they even had live music (a man and a woman dressed traditionally, going through the rooms and singing and playing balalaika) while I was there.
znark