American Bellydance and Fitness Classes in English

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
alliruth

Post by alliruth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Greetings fellow expats. I have lived in Helsinki for 3 years and am from Los Angeles California where I began my studies in bellydance over 15 years ago. I am teaching classes in english in Helsinki. Details are below, feel free to email me with questions or to register alliruth(at)gmail(dot)com

American Vintage Bellydance Friday evenings at HiMO Club 18:45 (70 min)
http://www.himoclub.fi/american-vintage-bellydance

Bellydance Drill, Stretch & Tone
http://www.facebook.com/events/482219808488551/?fref=ts
A combination of my personal favorite stretch and tone exercises inspired by yoga, pilates, modern dance and of course bellydance! Warm up with challenging drills before easing into deep snaky stretching. Build a stronger core and more sinuey muscles as you tap into your inner bellydancer. Develop sharper and fuller movements while improving posture. Class will be in candlelit room to a beautiful mix of middle eastern/fusion music and healing sounds. We wind down with gentle meditation/deep breathing exercise, leaving you centered and relaxed.

Stuff to Bring: yoga mat or thick towels, warm no-slip socks or ballet slippers, water bottle, comfortable flexible clothing (hip scarves okay for drilling but will need to come off for most of class).

Class is taught in english (puhun hiukan suomea) for 70 min.

Mondays: 19:15-20:25
Wednesdays: 18:30-19:40

Special options and rates for the New Year!

8 classes- 80 euros.
You can come ANY Monday or Wednesday (even both in same week!) for 8 classes total. Your class card will expire after March 6 2013.

16 Classes-150 euros.
You can come to both Monday and Wednesday classes for full 8 weeks. You will be allowed to makeup no more than 2 classes in the following session (April-May).

Contact Alli Ruth [email protected] for for payment and reservation details. If purchasing 8 weeks please note what evenings you expect to attend most often.

Held at "Shimmy Shack" in Ruoholahti. The studio is ground level on canal. Very close to trams 6,8,9 or a 10 min walk from Ruoholahti metro.

Happy New Years!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

madamekira

Re: American Bellydance and Fitness Classes in English

Post by madamekira » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm not yet looking for a belly dance class, but in the near future I may be.. Problem is that you're in Helsinki, sadly.. I'm over here in the Turku area. If you ever come to this area, put up another posting! :)

alliruth

Re: American Bellydance and Fitness Classes in English

Post by alliruth » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Woops, I forgot link. Probably not what you are looking for at all but just in case...
http://www.facebook.com/events/281523771951161/?fref=ts