Music in Finland

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
jmbullet
Location: Listening to The Rasmus dreaming about my life with them in Finland... but I'm stuck in Canada !!!

Post by jmbullet » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:01 am

lol, can imagine Lauri in jail.... well.... I would visit him !!! :lol:

I fell in love with Finnish music (mostly The Rasmus... or I should say more Lauri Ylönen !!!) and now I can't get up !!!

MOVING TO FINLAND ASAP !!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

lollis

Post by lollis » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:21 pm

hey all!! :wink:

I love finnish bands!!
first of all, the rasmus, 69 eyes, HIM...

but you have to listen to:
private line
lovex
bitch alert
negative

they are very good!

AliB

Post by AliB » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:51 pm

Ok, ok, i get the gist of this- Lauri Ylönen is extremely hot (and i concur) but i have to admit i am MORTIFIED that it has yet escaped this thread, the true tradjedy (oh how pathetic, A Level english student can't spell tra..) that IS the semi-dissolvation of Nightwish!! i mean, am i the only one mourning here?! I mean, if they don't find a new singer, then there'll only be Rasmus left in the mainstream (HIM do not count- Ville Valo needs boycotting for americanising himself)

Ali

p.s. Lauri's mine, called dibs on him three years ago :P (thought i'd regress 3 years to a 14 yr old mindset there, sorry)
Sinulla on kauniit siniset silmät

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:19 am

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin’ in the camera
Man we could have some fun
And he’s up there, what’s that? hawaiian noises?
Bangin’ on the bongoes like a chimpanzee
That ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it
Get your money for nothin’ get your chicks for free
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

baris

Post by baris » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:52 am

There are just way too many good bands as many mentioned but my favorite one is Kingston Wall. If you are into psychedelic rock, you should definitely check them out. Band doesn't exist anymore because the main guy (Petri Walli) jumped from the roof of the Töölö's church.

Among the other well-known ones, there are also very good bands such as Timo Rautiainen ja Trio Niskalaukaus, Ensiferum, Mokoma, Hidria Spacefalk, etc.
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."

sammy

Post by sammy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:38 pm

baris wrote:There are just way too many good bands as many mentioned but my favorite one is Kingston Wall. If you are into psychedelic rock, you should definitely check them out. Band doesn't exist anymore because the main guy (Petri Walli) jumped from the roof of the Töölö's church.
And thou shalt not forget the older ones, like Wigwam (lend your ears to their 70's album Nuclear Nightclub) and Tasavallan Presidentti...

prog alert - prog alert

:)

baris

Post by baris » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:19 pm

sammy wrote:
And thou shalt not forget the older ones, like Wigwam (lend your ears to their 70's album Nuclear Nightclub) and Tasavallan Presidentti...
I heard a couple of songs from Wigwam (most probably they were from Nuclear Nightclub) and the band is really very good. I considered them as one of the most underestimated Finnish bands. If I'm not terribly wrong, I've even see a gig of them some years ago, not sure if the band still active though.

BTW, there is also a glam rock band "Wig wam" from Norway. They were the Norwegian entry for the ultra kitsch competition Eurovision last year. Actually, to be honest, their song (In my Dreams) was one of the few songs I ever liked in a Eurovision contest, not that I'm following it though.
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."

Kärö

Post by Kärö » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:41 pm

I Think Kotiteollisuus and Sentenced are great bands... !!!

Negative-Girl

Post by Negative-Girl » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Somehow finnish bands are the best on the world...

The best bands ever are HIM and Negative!!!

But I also love The Rasmus, Apocalyptica, The 69 Eyes, Bloodpit, Deep Insight, Private Line...
And if you like finnish bands you shouldn't forget Nightwish, Lovex, Sara Lee, Killer, 22 Pistepirkko, The Crash and some more...
14.02.06 - AWD Hall/Hannover --> HIM/The Rasmus/Negative

jmbullet
Location: Listening to The Rasmus dreaming about my life with them in Finland... but I'm stuck in Canada !!!

Post by jmbullet » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:06 am

AliB wrote:Ok, ok, i get the gist of this- Lauri Ylönen is extremely hot (and i concur) but i have to admit i am MORTIFIED that it has yet escaped this thread, the true tradjedy (oh how pathetic, A Level english student can't spell tra..) that IS the semi-dissolvation of Nightwish!! i mean, am i the only one mourning here?! I mean, if they don't find a new singer, then there'll only be Rasmus left in the mainstream (HIM do not count- Ville Valo needs boycotting for americanising himself)

Ali

p.s. Lauri's mine, called dibs on him three years ago :P (thought i'd regress 3 years to a 14 yr old mindset there, sorry)
well I think that they will find a new singer... I mean.... Tarja had a great voice, yes , but she was not unique, I'm sure another girl will be able to sing as well as her, if not better !!! and Nightwish kicked Tarja out of the band to make more music, 'cause they couldn't stand her anymore... so I think they will find a new vocalist and ...... record another album..... and then go on tour !!!!!

and I agree, although I'm from Canada... Valo needs to think about Finland before America.... well I know Lauri wants to get very popular in the USA.... but I'm sure he respects Finland more and he likes Finland more.... but I don't like the way Ville is acting, it's like giving a bad image of Finland to the world, and what I CANNOT stand is that on a list of "100 great Finns" Valo was #13 and Ylönen #97..... I mean...... for me Lauri is 1) way better than Valo.... 2) he respects Finland more...... 3) he hangs out with good people (Valo is friends with Bam Margera :shock: ) and 4) The Rasmus songs are way better than HIM songs, and Lauri doesn't sing "darling" in ALL the songs lol
I fell in love with Finnish music (mostly The Rasmus... or I should say more Lauri Ylönen !!!) and now I can't get up !!!

MOVING TO FINLAND ASAP !!!

Mustakaapu

Post by Mustakaapu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:29 am

2 more Finnish metal bands worth checking out:

Wintersun (Ensiferum's ex-singer's project)
Rotten Sound (if you're into grind core)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:37 am

jmbullet wrote:Valo needs to think about Finland before America...
Why? Nobody here orgasms over HIM. One band among others. 10 000 metalheads maybe. But in the USA you can find the 10 000 metalheads per town.
but I don't like the way Ville is acting, it's like giving a bad image of Finland to the world,
Like what? Being drunk on stage? you've never seen a Finnish band perform? or never seen a Finn before I take it? Oh man you'll be surprised if and when you ever come over :lol:
(Valo is friends with Bam Margera
Bam's probably more known here... Viva la Bam! :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Twistmysister67

Post by Twistmysister67 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:13 am

New Kalmah in February!

Emi

Post by Emi » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:39 pm

jmbullet wrote:well I think that they will find a new singer... I mean.... Tarja had a great voice, yes , but she was not unique, I'm sure another girl will be able to sing as well as her, if not better !!! and Nightwish kicked Tarja out of the band to make more music, 'cause they couldn't stand her anymore... so I think they will find a new vocalist and ...... record another album..... and then go on tour !!!!!
I'm not the biggest fan of Nightwish ever but... don't think it's so easy to find a female singer with so clear so high and so well-practised (or how to say it :roll: ) voice as Tarja has
it will never be the same band again

btw, what you like so much about Ylönen's voice? for me he can't sing at all... :roll:
Und die jahre ziehen ins Land und wir trinken immer noch ohne Verstand...

Jenni

Ville Valo

Post by Jenni » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm not really a huge HIM fan (Nightwish, Lordi and especially The Rasmus do it for me) but I was concerned when someone told me Ville Valo had cancer. I don't believe them, really but could someone please confirm this for me?
Rubies And Ivory