Seeking Musicians

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Aarnikotka

Seeking Musicians

Post by Aarnikotka » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Terve :)

I'm an Australian musician who has spent some time in Finland and in other Nordic countries. I have a great love for this part of the world, and it has been the inspiration behind many songs I have written. I'm now starting to record an album of my Nordic inspired pieces, and what makes it more exciting is that the studio I work with in Australia have found a studio in Finland with the exact same sound setup who will be working with us.

I am seeking Finnish musicians who might live in or close to Helsinki who would be able to play on a few of the songs. I already have some people on board, but I am looking for a Kantele player, a nyckelharpa player and a hardingfele player in particular.
There will of course be some money involved, I don't expect musicians to work for nothing, but I would be appreciative if they were the kinds of musicians who could work with me and were capable of improvisation, as I cannot write music, as I'm vision impaired.

I am also looking for someone who is fluent in both English and Finnish to assist me in the touching up of some of my lyrics.

This has been a bit of a dream of mine for several years, and I'm really happy to be making it a reality now, and would be incredibly greatful to anyone who can help or point me in a better direction.
Kiitos paljon :)

With luck on your side, you can do without brains
Giordano Bruno

Seeking Musicians

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

oompah18

Re: Seeking Musicians

Post by oompah18 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:23 am

I think if your Finnish is better than mine, this website could help you:
http://muusikoiden.net/wanted/
I would love to help, but unfortunately I only play, flute. clarinet, sax, trumpet, horn, tuba, trombone and piano! Not a kantele in sight :D
Good luck with your venture, Finland is indeed full of music, it keeps me sane here, especially through the long, dark winters........
Allie the Britmum, "äiti" to 3 boys, 10,9 and 7, & little princess, 4.