Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Post Reply
Mt. Everest_Nepal
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 am

Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Mt. Everest_Nepal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 am

Hello Everybody!!

I am Thakur Psd Lamsal from Nepal and I worked here in Nepal as Radiographer in Government Hospital. I am going to take participate a World Conference of World Radiographers and Radiological Technologist(ISRRT) from 12-5 June at The Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre Messuaukio 1Helsinki FINLAND. So From Istanbul I have flight to be Helsinki-Vantaa airport on 10 June So Anybody Please Help how to travel these days in Finland, Which Route. And during these days what are better items to eat as low prices and what items should bring from my home Country. I live Hostel Domus Academica for few days but How Can I travel from my airport to Conference site so at this matter too plz kindly let me know the maps and ideas to travel. I give my conference web site for further information as below http://www.isrrt2014.fi/.

I want to really grateful if you help me during this my period on every steps so that I can remember you your kind support and might welcome to Nepal for seeing Mt. Everest and other as well. All information are included here in this website
Waiting to your kind help and suggestion soon.
Thank You
Best Regards
Thakur Psd Lamsal
Nepal :)
Last edited by Mt. Everest_Nepal on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.



Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
Pursuivant
Posts: 15094
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am
Location: Bath & Wells

Re: Need Your help During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I don't know how to fly
Flap your wings very hard?
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."


interleukin
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: Stockholm

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by interleukin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 am

Hmm so in this thread here, you are attending a conference in Finland. In another thread, you're asking how to move to Finland. If I was Migri, I'd wonder if giving you a conference visa was a mistake.
Image
Image


Mt. Everest_Nepal
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 am

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Mt. Everest_Nepal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm

interleukin wrote:Hmm so in this thread here, you are attending a conference in Finland. In another thread, you're asking how to move to Finland. If I was Migri, I'd wonder if giving you a conference visa was a mistake.
Dear Sir/Madam!!
Namaste!!
It is exact that I was post two items with different but they are correct. Firstly I was attending conference soon there in Finland where all documents are ready. And meanwhile I am liking to shift/immigrate/work there if possible only after returning my home country. I want to shift if possible there legally only returning to home country . I am not able to understand your last sentence so I myself clear my writing. Hope You will understand and try to help as you can.
Thank You.
Best Regards
Thakur Psd Lamsal
Nepal
Last edited by Mt. Everest_Nepal on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Mt. Everest_Nepal
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 am

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Mt. Everest_Nepal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:35 pm

anna.g wrote:From the airport
===============
The cheapest way is bus 615, which will take you very close to your hostel. It starts at the airport and ends at the central train station (Rautatientori). The ticket for that is approximately 4,5 euro and you can buy it from the driver.

Food
======
In the center you will find many restaurants that offer lunch ("lounas") dishes for 8-12 euro (per dish). But be careful, that's valid only during lunch hours.
Most conventions offer some lunch as well as coffee & sandwiches in the morning.
The cheapest method for a light dinner is to buy some things from the supermarket (there are plenty of "S-market" or "K-market" everywhere), or to get something from your local fast-food.

Transportation
=============
You can choose transportation via this webpage: reittiopas.fi

For example, from Kamppi (a very large bus/metro/tram stop which is close to your hostel) to the Convention center, there are two suggestions: tram 9 or any local train.

http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/?showsearch ... &gotoHash=#

If you click where it says "transfer maps" you can see the part where you need to walk e.g. from the train to the conference.

Tickets
=========
You need to buy tickets for each trip. There is the possibility of a card, but it depends on how much you will travel. For one week it costs 32 euro and it doesn't cover your trip to/from the airport because it's in a different city.

All the information is here:
https://www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares

Dear Sir/Madam,
Namaste!!
First of all thank you for providing me such lots of information. At now my conference organizer says We will provide you a free Transportation Ticket but how/when/ what looks like I don't know still. I am thinking of bring some Nepalese easily/fast food items so that I can made myself prepare in my Hotel room it is because they said there are such small cooking facilities too. I am still exploring as much as more things from here so that I don't have face any difficulties.
Thank You
Best Regards
Thakur Psd Lamsal
Nepal


007
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by 007 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:12 pm

x
Last edited by 007 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"


Mt. Everest_Nepal
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 am

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Mt. Everest_Nepal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm

007 wrote:
Mt. Everest_Nepal wrote:
interleukin wrote:Hmm so in this thread here, you are attending a conference in Finland. In another thread, you're asking how to move to Finland. If I was Migri, I'd wonder if giving you a conference visa was a mistake.
Dear Sir/Madam!!
Namaste!!
It is exact that I was post two items with different but they are correct. Firstly I was attending conference soon there in Finland where all documents are ready. And meanwhile I am liking to shift/immigrate/work there if possible after returning my home country later. I want to shift if possible there legally but after finishing my conference and returning to home country. I am not able to understand your last sentence so I myself clear my writing. Hope You will understand and try to help as you can.
Thank You.
Best Regards
Thakur Psd Lamsal
Nepal
She suspects whether you are one of those who enter Finland and never return, even after visa has expired. Migri -> http://www.migri.fi/frontpage

So, Thakur, have you tried to contact any Nepali residing in Finland. There are many Nepalis (about 1000) living in Helsinki. If you have a facebook, try to post there -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/372902652743638/

Since you have made efforts to post here, I would have personally helped you regarding transportation but unfortunately I don't live there, but hope someone will.
Mt. Everest_Nepal wrote:I want to really grateful if you help me during this my period on every steps so that I can remember you your kind support and might welcome to Nepal for seeing Mt. Everest and other as well.
try also -> https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/places/helsinki-finland
Hello Dear 007,
Namaste!!
Thank you for your kind clearance about my misunderstanding. She might be afraid by double sided posting. But I have never thinking of such activities It is because I have here in Nepal family and professional life too so I must have maintain it and I am government official too. But I have dream to be there in coming days by legally so I try the last post here. So I assure her that I am not such guy to live without granted rules. I also suggest here plz made me such suggestions so that I can be there in near future after only returning my home county.

Thank You 077 for providing FB Groups where lots of Nepalese-Hinlsinki are there. I have apply for membership and I hope they will granted a member of this group for me. Regardless of Couch Surfing I have account but I have problematic for this site and I think this is paid site too.

No matter, I might helped by someone! Of Course Now where are you? Can I know?

Of course, If all of you have desire to travel to Nepal, We of Course all of us Help You.
Thank You
Best Regards
Thakur Prasad Lamsal
Nepal


macora
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by macora » Sat May 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Mt. Everest_Nepal wrote: I am thinking of bring some Nepalese easily/fast food items so that I can made myself prepare in my Hotel room
That is certainly a good way if you want to stick with the food you are accustomed to. Just be aware that foodstuffs of animal origin may be problematic to import: http://www.evira.fi/portal/en/food/impo ... +countries+/

There are rather cheap ways to eat when you have a little kitchen / kitchenette at your disposal. One can get quite good fast, and convenience food here too, to warm up at home. Most times though, the kitchen(ette) in a hotel room does not have foodstuffs at all, like oil, different spices, etc. So, apart of fast food one is rather limited when staying for few days only.
Image


Mt. Everest_Nepal
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 am

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by Mt. Everest_Nepal » Tue May 06, 2014 4:49 pm

macora wrote:
Mt. Everest_Nepal wrote: I am thinking of bring some Nepalese easily/fast food items so that I can made myself prepare in my Hotel room
That is certainly a good way if you want to stick with the food you are accustomed to. Just be aware that foodstuffs of animal origin may be problematic to import: http://www.evira.fi/portal/en/food/impo ... +countries+/

There are rather cheap ways to eat when you have a little kitchen / kitchenette at your disposal. One can get quite good fast, and convenience food here too, to warm up at home. Most times though, the kitchen(ette) in a hotel room does not have foodstuffs at all, like oil, different spices, etc. So, apart of fast food one is rather limited when staying for few days only.
Dear Macora!
Thank you for your information but the link doesn't work. Do you have still suggestion for not bringing materials there from my country?
Thank You
Best Regards
Thakur
Nepal


macora
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Travel/Eat/Stay During Finland Stay 10-17 June 2014

Post by macora » Tue May 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Mt. Everest_Nepal wrote:
Dear Macora!
Thank you for your information but the link doesn't work. Do you have still suggestion for not bringing materials there from my country?
Thank You
Best Regards
Thakur
Nepal
Sorry to hear it does not work on your comp. www.evira.fi is the homepage of the Finnish Food Safety Authority. If you cannot use the link maybe you can google it. Under Food, there is a tab for "import and export", then choose non-EU country. There are several pages for food of animal origin. In case you plan to bring only non-animal-origin foodstuffs, I guess you do not have to worry. I am no expert on the matter though.
Image


Post Reply