English speaking daycare

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
RA

Post by RA » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:50 pm

Faithful wrote: At least am not doing some publicity or trying to claim am teaching english.
But if i decided to open my own english daycare i will ensure i re edit any single letter and incase of errors i call and do the PR stuff
That's okay, but I wouldn't criticise someone's grammar if mine wasn't even halfway there either :wink:

saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Faithful

Post by Faithful » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 am

RA wrote:
Faithful wrote: At least am not doing some publicity or trying to claim am teaching english.
But if i decided to open my own english daycare i will ensure i re edit any single letter and incase of errors i call and do the PR stuff
That's okay, but I wouldn't criticise someone's grammar if mine wasn't even halfway there either :wink:
Ahaaa WHY not that is your opinion while it is not mine. Mine goes like when you are dealing with the public you should be open to all points of informations.
Also since my english is poor i would not have my child attend a place saying they are teaching english while we can't read it :lol: :lol:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: Sunrise Playschool

Post by Hank W. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 pm

sari_03457 wrote: And for you Hank, you posted a wrong telephone number of Sunrise Playschool. The correct number is 09 - 6822213. Please correct it.
It was the correct number in 2004. That is four years ago. Please correct your own calendar.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Faithful wrote: SARI sorry but that is no excuse to write some wrong spelling letter to a potential parents with grammatical errors.
One doesn't have to be a native speaker or english or american or canadian to speak good english am sure there are many finns who can speak good english too.
So what happened to SARA was wrong and no way ever should they write a grammatical wrong letter to a parents with this era of IT with word can't this tells you that even the ones responsible can't use comp publicity is important and they missed it
Could someone translate this to King's English please. I've got no humour today of reading any peppetto.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Yes ,sure....

Sorry SARI but that is no excuse for sending a letter full of spelling mistakes to...

er....

I'm a bit stuck on "potential parents"...

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Hank W. wrote:
Faithful wrote: SARI sorry but that is no excuse to write some wrong spelling letter to a potential parents with grammatical errors.
One doesn't have to be a native speaker or english or american or canadian to speak good english am sure there are many finns who can speak good english too.
So what happened to SARA was wrong and no way ever should they write a grammatical wrong letter to a parents with this era of IT with word can't this tells you that even the ones responsible can't use comp publicity is important and they missed it
Could someone translate this to King's English please. I've got no humour today of reading any peppetto.
Forgiveness is divine!!
I think that the Quee's English translates to Töölö ladies wearing pikku pingvini hats that read "Ja rule Rules" :wink: :roll:
The King's is way worse..translates to something about Yoda seeing Sh*t...!!
Grandmatically speaking, the Queen now uses "Yo" often. She also swallows a lot of the , ; : . etc so those are not needed!! and yes..The the use os smileys is new! :roll: :twisted: :wink:
now where was that part about the defamation letter !! yes I am totally and utterly lost in translation :roll:

Faithful

Post by Faithful » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Hank W. wrote:
HANK no one forced you to read any way if you must am charging for translation how much are you willing to pay.
Since when did a fin from teach a brit how to speak english aha i forgot i was in elementary writing meself composition for teacher HANK to mark aha how much i i score for meself

saunasisua

Re: English speaking daycare

Post by saunasisua » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm

The only way you can truely know what goes on in a daycare is to do a surprise day (so the school should not be allowed to know when a parent might observe") or even two where you sit there all day and watch what goes on;

John L.

Post by John L. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:35 pm

It is really so wrong that Vantaa has ONLY ONE English-speaking daycare/pre-school. And even that one (called Y.E.S.) is located in the middle of nowhere, about half way between the two city centers in Vantaa (Tikkurila and Myyrmäki).
No wonder all the English-speakers live in Espoo or Helsinki - they have no choice! :ohno:

Does anyone want to establish a day care facility in Tikkurila? At least my kids will attend from day one!

kill_the_queen

Post by kill_the_queen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello ,

I am looking for all of your advises in helping me to get a job in Oulu. :((( feeling so depresed and discouraged ...really dont know where to start from and what will be my chances ... And if you have any contacts that might be helpful for me please , please please ......

Love
Vesi

liisajo

Post by liisajo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Does anyone have any recent exprience or opinions about the Helsinki English Language Montessori Preschool that they would like to share? I am considering it for my 3 y.o. son. Thanks! Johanna

Laseli

Post by Laseli » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 am

As for Montessori Infant Community / Children's House in Ruoholahti, I cannot recommend it based on my family's experience. There is no joy or closeness and the staff changes constantly because the manager is impossible to deal with. Our child became withdrawn and anxious over the two years that she was there. Kids were expected perfection in every way possible and the atmosphere was just oppressive. I regret that I didn't have a good sense to switch her somewhere else sooner. Now she attends FinnAm daycare and the change in her is amazing: she seems happy and secure, no more tantrums about going to gindergarten in the morning and she talks about all the fun stuff they do during the day. I feel sorry for the kids that still attend Ruoholahti Montessori.

African Girl

Post by African Girl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I have to agree with Laseli's post. I used to work at the Montessori Infant Community a few years ago. Unfortunately we were instructed by the manager not to show much affection to the children, no picking up or hugs (and this was for 1 and 2 year olds!). We were told only to "observe" the toddlers, and pick up after them to keep the environment clean. Independence was pushed continually and we were always reminded not to do ANYTHING for these small little ones. We were constantly harassed to keep the environment spotless. So there was very little loving interaction with the children. I absolutely hated working there because of this. Unfortunately the director is a perfectionist and has very different ideas of interaction and affection with children. She once remarked that she thought it was completely inappropriate that one of the dads kissed his 1 year old daughter on the lips! I'm happy to not work there anymore, and I'm glad that your child is happier at the FinnAm kindergarten, Laseli!