English speaking daycare

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
alvarezedu
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 9:39 pm

Post by alvarezedu » Mon May 16, 2005 9:53 pm

Nice to read positive reports about The Ullanlinna School from unbiased observers. You are welcome to visit and judge for yourself : call Nick on 041 501 4230 or 09 667 167.

Best Wishes


I manage an English Language Montessori playschool in the centre of Helsinki

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
kwallette
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:58 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Post by kwallette » Tue May 17, 2005 9:57 am

I have actually heard really, really good things about the Ullanlinna School from numerous people.
I was just doing it, you stupid woman. I just put it down to come here to be reminded by you to do what I'm already doing! I mean what's the point of reminding me to do what I'm already doing...


anandakrpa
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by anandakrpa » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi!

I would like to make corrections on the information given here for Sunrise Playschool: The telephone numbers are: 00358-9-6822213 (Helsinki) and 00358-9-8886421 (Espoo) or you can visit their website at: http://www.sunrisefinland.org

The telephone number given below does not belong to Sunrise Playschool at all.

thanks.

Hank W. wrote:International Childcare and Education Centre
http://www.playlearn.com

Helsinki American English Montessori School
http://www.montessoriconnections.com
Telephone: +358 9 694 9965

Young Star English DayCare Centre
http://www.ys2000.com

Päiväkoti Arkki, Architecture School for Children
http://www.arkki.net

Oulunkyla English Language Daycare
Telephone +358 9 728 3965

Finnish Russian Daycare Idelia
Telephone +358 9 325 0221

French Language Playschool
Telephone +358 9 452 4047

Garden City Playschool
+358 9 4556230

Sunrise Playschool
+358 9 8789 5920

Krabbelgruppe
German Speaking Kindergarten
http://www.germanembassy.fi/partner

Espoo City Schools Office on +358 9 806 551

And there is one used to be run by YES in Tikkurila, but it is city run now.


alvarezedu
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 9:39 pm

Daycare Assistant/Teacher Position

Post by alvarezedu » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

We have had a great start to the new school year at The Ullanlinna School, and we are now looking to employ an extra assistant or teacher on a part-time or full-time basis, depending on experience and Early Childhood Education Credits. Please send your resume to [email protected] if interested, or forward this message to someone who may be looking for this type of work.

Have a good week,

Nick Alvarez


usha_ban
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:29 pm

Day Care info needed

Post by usha_ban » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:12 am

Sara wrote:There are plenty of them around.

Stawy away from one called Sunrise on Lauttasaari, I went for a interview for a day and it was the worst place Ive been to!

There is something called International childcare centre in Herttoniemi, they also have another kindergarten near Tapiola and I was very impressed with these two. They run from the English Key stage program and use 'teaching through fun'. The staff were friendly and the children seemed very happy and they were doing interesting projects.
Hello,

Can u give me the exact location of the one at Tapiola??? I was looking for a day care(English) for my 2.5 year old son.

Usha


User avatar
scoobymcdoo
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:46 pm

Post by scoobymcdoo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:36 am

The one in Tapiola is actually in Nittykumpu (Kappelitie 6C).

We go to the mums and baby gorup there and from what I have seen, it is an excellent place for your children to learn.

Hannah (infant teacher in my former life before Sophie).


sari_03457
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:12 am

Sunrise Playschool

Post by sari_03457 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:41 am

Hi!
My name is Sari,

Please see below a defamation written by Sara on the 14th of May 2004 to Sunrise Playschool.

I have a son who studied in Sunrise Playschool for 3 years and he is now almost 9 years old now. We have good experiences with Sunrise Playschool. My son loved it so much. And it is for your information, the best playschool in Lauttasaari. Some of my neighbors here in Lauttasaari whose children went to Sunrise Playschool Lauttasaari share also the same opinion.

I suggest that you apologise for what you have written. Sometimes we judge things without really knowing it.


And for you Hank, you posted a wrong telephone number of Sunrise Playschool. The correct number is 09 - 6822213. Please correct it.



thanks,
Sari



Below are the messages that I am responding.

Sara
Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Location: Vantaa
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are plenty of them around.

Stawy away from one called Sunrise on Lauttasaari, I went for a interview for a day and it was the worst place Ive been to!

There is something called International childcare centre in Herttoniemi, they also have another kindergarten near Tapiola and I was very impressed with these two. They run from the English Key stage program and use 'teaching through fun'. The staff were friendly and the children seemed very happy and they were doing interesting projects.
_________________
boys lie - pok'em in the eye!

Back to top


Hank W.
The Motorhead


Joined: 06 Jul 2002
Location: Dodgy Geezer Asylum
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pass one daily on a bus - its where Leppävaara north turns into Lintuvaara... Albatross or something?
_________________
Cheers, Hank W.
Everyone always coming to Hank with problems. Great responsibilities. But Hank does not mind. Hank trained in crisis management.

Back to top


ajdias



Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Helsinki
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:22 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jukka,

The Ullalinna Montessori School is a very good option. When I visited it, children seemed very happy and the staff (all native English speakers) looked very professional.

There's another English speaking Montessori school in Kamppi.And I suppose, both the International and the English school have day-care facilities.
_________________
Cheers, antónio

Castelo kaakelit

Back to top


Hank W.
The Motorhead


Joined: 06 Jul 2002
Location: Dodgy Geezer Asylum
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Childcare and Education Centre
http://www.playlearn.com

Helsinki American English Montessori School
http://www.montessoriconnections.com
Telephone: +358 9 694 9965

Young Star English DayCare Centre
http://www.ys2000.com

Päiväkoti Arkki, Architecture School for Children
http://www.arkki.net

Oulunkyla English Language Daycare
Telephone +358 9 728 3965

Finnish Russian Daycare Idelia
Telephone +358 9 325 0221

French Language Playschool
Telephone +358 9 452 4047

Garden City Playschool
+358 9 4556230

Sunrise Playschool
+358 9 8789 5920

Krabbelgruppe
German Speaking Kindergarten
http://www.germanembassy.fi/partner

Espoo City Schools Office on +358 9 806 551

And there is one used to be run by YES in Tikkurila, but it is city run now.
_________________
Cheers, Hank W.
Everyone always coming to Hank with problems. Great responsibilities. But Hank does not mind. Hank trained in crisis management.


Rosamunda
Posts: 10626
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:07 am

Re: Sunrise Playschool

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:23 am

sari_03457 wrote: Sometimes we judge things without really knowing it.

Maybe that is your case, not Sara's. Maybe Sara actually knew the school better than you ever did.... Sara is a qualified nursery school teacher with a lot of experience teaching in Finland. I would trust her opinion. She is also a native English speaker, so she knows something about teaching in English. Schools change all the time because the staff change and the children change. It is quite possible that that school was going through a bad patch and has improved a lot since. What often surprises me is how LITTLE parents really know about what their kids are doing in school all day.

Anyway... I think your post has done more harm than good because this thread was buried in Cyberspace since 2004 and you have now bumped it for everyone to read again. :roll:


User avatar
ajdias
Posts: 2474
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 9:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Sunrise Playschool

Post by ajdias » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:11 pm

penelope wrote:Anyway... I think your post has done more harm than good because this thread was buried in Cyberspace since 2004 and you have now bumped it for everyone to read again. :roll:
Sure, but Sara's post was quite visible... on google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=su ... auttasaari

In any case, this is not the way to go about it.


KatGrrl
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:44 pm
Location: Helsinki

Post by KatGrrl » Wed May 09, 2007 12:08 am

hi!

Does anyone know if any English-speaking daycares in Greater Helsinki take in children about a year old? My friend has twins and is considering a job in Finland. Would the maximum cost be €200+180?

Thanks for any help! :)


Faithful
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:13 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Sunrise Playschool

Post by Faithful » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:41 pm

sari_03457 wrote:Hi!
My name is Sari,

Please see below a defamation written by Sara on the 14th of May 2004 to Sunrise Playschool.

I have a son who studied in Sunrise Playschool for 3 years and he is now almost 9 years old now. We have good experiences with Sunrise Playschool. My son loved it so much. And it is for your information, the best playschool in Lauttasaari. Some of my neighbors here in Lauttasaari whose children went to Sunrise Playschool Lauttasaari share also the same opinion.

I suggest that you apologise for what you have written. Sometimes we judge things without really knowing it.


And for you Hank, you posted a wrong telephone number of Sunrise Playschool. The correct number is 09 - 6822213. Please correct it.



thanks,
Sari



Below are the messages that I am responding.

Sara
Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Location: Vantaa
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are plenty of them around.

Stawy away from one called Sunrise on Lauttasaari, I went for a interview for a day and it was the worst place Ive been to!

There is something called International childcare centre in Herttoniemi, they also have another kindergarten near Tapiola and I was very impressed with these two. They run from the English Key stage program and use 'teaching through fun'. The staff were friendly and the children seemed very happy and they were doing interesting projects.
_________________
boys lie - pok'em in the eye!

Back to top


Hank W.
The Motorhead


Joined: 06 Jul 2002
Location: Dodgy Geezer Asylum
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pass one daily on a bus - its where Leppävaara north turns into Lintuvaara... Albatross or something?
_________________
Cheers, Hank W.
Everyone always coming to Hank with problems. Great responsibilities. But Hank does not mind. Hank trained in crisis management.

Back to top


ajdias



Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Helsinki
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:22 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jukka,

The Ullalinna Montessori School is a very good option. When I visited it, children seemed very happy and the staff (all native English speakers) looked very professional.

There's another English speaking Montessori school in Kamppi.And I suppose, both the International and the English school have day-care facilities.
_________________
Cheers, antónio

Castelo kaakelit

Back to top


Hank W.
The Motorhead


Joined: 06 Jul 2002
Location: Dodgy Geezer Asylum
Posted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Childcare and Education Centre
http://www.playlearn.com

Helsinki American English Montessori School
http://www.montessoriconnections.com
Telephone: +358 9 694 9965

Young Star English DayCare Centre
http://www.ys2000.com

Päiväkoti Arkki, Architecture School for Children
http://www.arkki.net

Oulunkyla English Language Daycare
Telephone +358 9 728 3965

Finnish Russian Daycare Idelia
Telephone +358 9 325 0221

French Language Playschool
Telephone +358 9 452 4047

Garden City Playschool
+358 9 4556230

Sunrise Playschool
+358 9 8789 5920

Krabbelgruppe
German Speaking Kindergarten
http://www.germanembassy.fi/partner

Espoo City Schools Office on +358 9 806 551

And there is one used to be run by YES in Tikkurila, but it is city run now.
_________________
Cheers, Hank W.
Everyone always coming to Hank with problems. Great responsibilities. But Hank does not mind. Hank trained in crisis management.
SARI sorry but that is no excuse to write some wrong spelling letter to a potential parents with grammatical errors.
One doesn't have to be a native speaker or english or american or canadian to speak good english am sure there are many finns who can speak good english too.
So what happened to SARA was wrong and no way ever should they write a grammatical wrong letter to a parents with this era of IT with word can't this tells you that even the ones responsible can't use comp publicity is important and they missed it


User avatar
RA
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Kuopio

Post by RA » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:15 am

:? Grammar... ? Talking of picking specks out of people's eyes... :roll:

Anyhoos, if someone has a bad experience somewhere, they're more bound to spread word of that, than if they have a good experience. That's something any business or anybody in services has to deal with. The burden is on the business or service provider to build up their image, that's just the way it is. I hope Sunrise has improved their services but I don't think Sara should be flared up at for her very old post. That was her experience then. How many times do people curse KELA, telephone companies, fast food restaurants etc. How is Sunrise any different from these companies/organisations? Because they're a smaller business? That doesn't cut it, IMO.
saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal


User avatar
Sara
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:00 pm
Location: Vantaa

Post by Sara » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:29 am

This thread is so old! :lol:

Ill be the first to say the school might have changed - its been years since I was there. At the time the thread was made that was my experience but I havent been since so who knows.


User avatar
ScubaGirl
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Sweet home Chicago

Post by ScubaGirl » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Has anyone heard anything or have any experience with HSAY daycare? I've already signed my daughter up for it even though it'll be another 2 years before she can go.
Image


Faithful
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:13 pm
Location: Tampere

Post by Faithful » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:37 pm

RA wrote::? Grammar... ? Talking of picking specks out of people's eyes... :roll:

Anyhoos, if someone has a bad experience somewhere, they're more bound to spread word of that, than if they have a good experience. That's something any business or anybody in services has to deal with. The burden is on the business or service provider to build up their image, that's just the way it is. I hope Sunrise has improved their services but I don't think Sara should be flared up at for her very old post. That was her experience then. How many times do people curse KELA, telephone companies, fast food restaurants etc. How is Sunrise any different from these companies/organisations? Because they're a smaller business? That doesn't cut it, IMO.
At least am not doing some publicity or trying to claim am teaching english.
But if i decided to open my own english daycare i will ensure i re edit any single letter and incase of errors i call and do the PR stuff


Post Reply