Being pregnant in Finland - experiences

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
oompah18

Post by oompah18 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Oh gosh, what terrible treatment you had, BIG hugs to you from me, that´s for sure! hang in there, OK!
I was told not to start trying for a baby till after the blood count was back to normal & I have had at least one normal period..................
But if one more person tells me that this miscarriage is my body saying 3 kids is enough, I will scream :twisted:
So we shall be patient & wait & see,
maybe at 40, with 3 boys under 5, my body HAS had enough... :(

Allie

Allie the Britmum, "äiti" to 3 boys, 10,9 and 7, & little princess, 4.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Ah some people should just shut up if they don't know what to say. I was asked the most stupid questions since telling people I was probably miscarrying from : "Are you disappointed?" to the statement "you should have waited longer to announce it to people" or "well it's not like it was a real baby yet"... Whatever!We've left feedback to NKL, so did the poor lady waiting 7 hours as well for her infected wound to be checked!

I'll keep you updated. Today still spotting a little but nothing major. We take it day per day so we'll see tomorrow. I had the brilliant idea to check on the internet about weak heartbeat and stuff and the future doesn't look very bright but we shall see... big hugs to you oompah!

Gigi

Post by Gigi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:49 pm

x
Last edited by Gigi on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigi

Post by Gigi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:52 pm

One more question... I don't know if you are working. But did you get any sickness leave?

I didn't and I am still upset about that. I was in reall pain after the miscarriage and emotionally a wreck... But no, Gigi had to go and teach and continue normal life!

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:58 pm

For the blood count (hcg levels) I had them done in France. Same as the first ultrasound.

I didnt get any sick leave but then again I'm still a student so they don't really care. I'm off this week so I try to take it easy, easier said than done with two 4 years old running around, arguig and all. :lol: Naisten Klinikka was supposed to call this morning but still didn't hear anything by 5 pm so I called them. My next appointment is on September 18th to check if the embryo still has a heart beat, if it's a stronger one and if it has evolved. They didn't take blood sample last time either, she wanted to do an ultrasound before.

RA

Post by RA » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:21 pm

:cry: :cry: Gigi and Allie!! Virtual hugs to the both of you at this difficult time you're both going through. It's difficult to know what to say but you're both in my thoughts. Shame about the treatment you've got. I can't believe to imagine how you're supposed to go back to 'normal' after your losses. Is there anyone you can consult about if you're entitled to sick leave? Did the neuvola say?

Amandine, you're going through a hard time as well. I wish you all the best and lots of strength at this trying time. Hugs!
saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal

Sara

Post by Sara » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Gigi wrote:One more question... I don't know if you are working. But did you get any sickness leave?

I didn't and I am still upset about that. I was in reall pain after the miscarriage and emotionally a wreck... But no, Gigi had to go and teach and continue normal life!
Sometimes you have to ask for it. My friend had a miscarriage a while ago and she did get a sick note from the doctor.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:21 pm

An update on my situation... I'm a nervous wreck I'm telling you :(

So I had pain in my belly and thought it might be contractions so I went back to NKL today. Only waited 2 hours this time. I had another ultrasound which showed that the embryo has grown (they were evaluating it at 5weeks3days on saturday, it is now 6w4d). But they can't find a heartbeat anymore. So once again I'm left with no answer... :( I was told to be patient and wait til Tuesday for another check up(so easy to say!).

Gigi

Post by Gigi » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Amandine... again a hug to you... Maybe you should consider going somewhere else... because you really don't know anything now!

Hope you really now more soon! And don't forget to rest and take good care of yourself!

HUGS!!!

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:34 pm

To be honnest there's nothing much anybody can do except waiting... It's tough but that's the way it is unfortunately... :(

oompah18

Post by oompah18 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Thinking of you....
big hugs
Allie
Allie the Britmum, "äiti" to 3 boys, 10,9 and 7, & little princess, 4.

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi.I'm sorry for what is happening with you Amandine. I'm pregnat in 6 ws and if I'll have your problemes I will go to private doctor even if I have to pay 100 euro. I was to Diacor for my first ceck and the doctor look at my pregnacy until he saw the heartbeat. Don't wait, try to get a lot of rest and make an appoiment to a private clinic. In my opinion you can't do what one doctor said. I'm always go to see 2 or 3 doctors if I have big problems.
I give you a big hug and I wish all the best in the world for you. :kiss: :kiss:

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. the thing to know though is that even if you go private , if there's a proble with your pregnancy they will send you to NKL emergency in any case. So it's kind of a waste of money and time as I know I have problems with this pregnancy. Same applies for Katilöopisto. They have emergencies as well but will only take their patients. And even if you're one of them they'll still send you to NKL in case of problem.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:38 pm

And last update... I'm definitely miscarrying :( Allie and Gigi, I hope that we'll soon post in this thread that we're pregnant again and that everything is going just fine. Let's keep faith that the next time will be the one

RA

Post by RA » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:11 pm

:cry: Sorry for your loss, Amandine.
saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal