consultancy regarding Family Issues

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Brave

Post by Brave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:45 am

I live in Helsinki.I was wondering, if there is any service by the state, providing support regarding family issues. In my view these problems can be resolved by seeing a psychiatric. But if this kind of service is provided by some state institute, it will be cheaper i guess. Or can some body recommend a good shrink? I am on the verge of getting a divorce, and i want to stop that. We've been married over nine years now. My wife is acting all weird since last year, and it is time, we get some help, to get our life back to normal, because i want my daughter to have a normal life.

I just dont know where to start. I need some body who can talk to us, and tell us whose is doing wrong here.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: consultancy regarding Family Issues

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Theres "family clinic" and aldo some church organisation offering that kind of services. Look for 'perheneuvonta' or 'avioliittoneuvonta' ...

This is he church one:
Kansainvälinen avioliittoneuvonta: puh. 09-709 2401,
sähköposti: [email protected]

Ulkomaalaisten kriisipalvelut SOS-Center, Helsinki
(09) 413 50510

Maistraatinportti 4 A
00240 Helsinki

Avoinna: ma-pe 9-15.00
Ulkomaalaisten kriisipalvelut myös parisuhdeasioissa ja erotilanteissa.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Brave

Post by Brave » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you Pursuivant. I really appreciate this.

Iseult

Post by Iseult » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 am

Brave wrote:I need some body who can talk to us, and tell us whose is doing wrong here.
Yikes. Not a great start to couples therapy.
But good luck.
Finland -> Australia -> Finland -> Canada -> Finland -> the UK -> Finland

Limae

Post by Limae » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 am

Hi...

Please check out http://www.setlementti.fi/

Please be strong as BOTH men and women go through life as relationships are fraught with obstacles and community is key to keeping things sane.

In Asia, the privacy level between family members are low but despite its weaknesses, it can help you weather through difficult moments like the arrival of children. I am calm by nature and I still remember how volatile my relationship became and the level of stress really made BOTH me and my husband act really weird.

I wish I can come over directly and help you guys out but my relocation to Finland is still in its infancy so I pray God is by your side in this so please stay strong for your daughter. When you strike out divorce as an option from your list, you will find yourself trying harder to make things work.

P.S. ALL children will somehow feel responsible for fall outs between their parents.

Cheers and try to smile...

Brave

Post by Brave » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I would hate to get a divorce. Its like nine years of marriage wasted. I am really struggling here. I am willing to do anything to get my life back to normal. I havent called these therapists yet, but have been trying to calm things down. But its not going well. so i better get on to it. I really appreciate you guys concern. i am really alone here in Finland. Me and my wife, we are both not locals (Finns)

i have no idea whats going on with my wife. She just dont care. she is 34 years old and acts like a teenager.she go to night clubs on regular bases. She is not cheating on me or anything, its just that she got all wiered now and stopped caring about anything. she spends like crazy without thinking about her husband and daughter. I hope she dont end up in a mental hospital. because the way i see, she is just runing away from responsibility. and at the same time she dont want to leave us also. so, basically, i have no clue what she wants.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:49 am

This seems serious.
On this forum are also a few stories of marriages where the mother ignores her responsibility and/or her husband and children. And I've seen a few cases in real life too.
I'm no expert but I think you should make a plan B in case the problem isn't solved. Try to get in contact with the local Lastenvalvoja. She should be able to give you advice.

Brave

Post by Brave » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:17 pm

I opened this thread after a long time. Well we did get divorce that time. Family consultation offered by government is quite useless in Finland. Although these guys at Diacor were quite good. 90 euros per hour, but it was worth it. Anyway,, not a happy ending. Breakups are extra painful when u have kids.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:24 am

It is not useless, getting help for family issues from the Government. Since you and your ex-wife were both foreigners, and you said you felt quite alone. Then I think YOU just did not get the correct sort of support you both needed.

Social Services is very good in Finland, for family/children problems. I am sorry you never got the help you needed. But don't put all of Finland in a bad rap, because your issue wasn't taken care of.

I am sorry to hear of your divorce. I hope your child and your ex-wife are both alright.