Medical insurance for 2 year old

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
whitelotus

Post by whitelotus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:56 am

Hi

I would like to opt for a medical insurance for my 2 year old. Any suggestions or recommendation from the group?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

whitelotus

Re: Medical insurance for 2 year old

Post by whitelotus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. Will check the details from the insurance company i have other insurance

tjawatts

Post by tjawatts » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:16 pm

For child insurance (well we took it out before the birth) we shortlisted OP(Pohjola), Folksam and Pohjantähti (went with OP but that was due to timing)

But often you get a better deal if you have all your insurances at the same place.

T

tjawatts

Post by tjawatts » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:18 pm

https://www.fine.fi/media/julkaisut-201 ... a-2013.pdf

One survey from a couple of years ago (only in Finnish I am afraid).

T

whitelotus

Post by whitelotus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Planning to check all possibility and finalize which would be best. Thanks for the input

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:26 am

It is generally advisable to get insurance, if one decides to have one at all, preferably before birth or at least shortly after. Now if the child (continues) to be healthy you'll be paying more to insurance company than you'll get back, while any chronic or otherwise preexisting conditions most likely aren't covered.

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:41 pm

roger_roger wrote:
whitelotus wrote:Hi

I would like to opt for a medical insurance for my 2 year old. Any suggestions or recommendation from the group?
Get the Insurance from same company where you have other Insurance like Car, Home, etc. Having one account for Insurance can help in reduced price and easy to track the expenses.
It's a misconception. It's easier to handle but mostly not the cheapest way to go despite of all of those artificial %% discounts. It's more like buying stuff from shops, if you want to save you have to spend more time and buy from different shops.

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Marsh04 wrote:
roger_roger wrote:
whitelotus wrote:Hi

Get the Insurance from same company where you have other Insurance like Car, Home, etc. Having one account for Insurance can help in reduced price and easy to track the expenses.
It's a misconception promoted by insurance companies. It's easier to handle but mostly not the cheapest way to go despite of all of those artificial %% discounts. It's more like buying stuff from shops, if you want to save you have to spend more time and buy from different shops.

Van

Post by Van » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm

We chose OP for our soon-to-be born baby. It can be continued until as long as you want, and we don´t need to start with a new one when baby is 2 years old. You can choose deductions of 0€/year or 100€/year (some others´ deductions are 100€/disease or per time, or 100eur+10%/year). There are also items that you can buy extra, for example for psychology visit. Furthermore mother&father get henkivakuutus for free for 1 year. At the same time we changed all of our other insurances from IF to OP, because they are quite the same and we would like to get all insurances together for easy management.
As for price for the baby insurance, our choice might not be the cheapest but it is a good combination of price and values. Hope it helps :)