Child visitation issues. Help, need info

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Upphew

Re: Child visitation issues. Help, need info

Post by Upphew » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:38 am

ajdias wrote:
Rip wrote:Of course you should unblock him - and set a recorder application to your phone. That is perfectly legal and you do not have to tell him that you record his calls.
This is a very good one (tried others) for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rder&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .acr&hl=en is my recorder of choice.
I've always wondered why is it illegal in the land of the free to record one's own calls. Shouldn't it be illegal to remember what you and the other party said too?

http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:05 pm

No. No financial papers or anything money wise was involved. It was a lawyer through the city, to represent my child. My ex and I both used her in regards to our child matters. She was not a private lawyer, nor was she legal aid.

She worked with us both to organise stuff. We were not fighting. Just to make everything legal.

She made it clear she was a lawyer for our child. She put his interests first. We didn't have to go to mediation or the courts, but if we had, the lawyer would represent our child.

I had been to legal aid on another matter regarding my divorce. I earned well below the national average salary and I still paid quite a bit of money to the legal aid lawyer in Ruoholahti.

NatskuLove

Post by NatskuLove » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Go to the legal aid office with your income information. They will make the application of how much you should pay (if you have no job they'll most likely set the amount at zero) and then you can pick any lawyer you want and take the paper you get from the legal aid office with you. Call a few lawyers and find one that has a lot of experience in child custody cases.

How old is your baby? Go to child protection services and explain why you feel it isn't safe for your baby to have unsupervised visits. They can help a lot but they'll need to meet with your ex too if they are going to help. They can recommend supervised visits only if they agree that its safer that way and visits can be supervised by a family worker and it won't cost anything.

Chany

Post by Chany » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 pm

rinso wrote: Be aware that what you think is best for the child may not be the same as what the lawyer thinks.

Since contact with both parents is considered important for the child, his visitation rights will not be revoked.
If his behavior is questionable it will probably be supervised visitation. But it might not be you who's doing the supervising.
If he presents his case well, he might just get what he wants; visitation with his mother present.
I understand this, i just hope for a good outcome.
I do realize its important for baby to have contact with both parents, and i have never had problems with him visiting the baby, infact in the beginning i used to push him to get to see him regularly, last year for example he went 9 months straight without visiting him or asking how he is doing! This whole court thing is from his mother, who really knows nothing about what really happens, she only believes her sons lies and zero what i tell her...its funny i used to think she can help by talking some sense to her son but apparently her son is untouchable and gets what he wants.
The father can totally see baby but my only fear is him alone with baby, add his mother in the mix and its a disaster.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:18 pm

It's important you document absolutely everything!!! Dates, if you can remember them too.

Be factual. No feelings etc.

It'll be really helpful if you have the dates. Maybe keep a diary?

If your child is really young and hasn't been having sleepovers, I think the courts often favour a very slow transition to staying overnight, etc.

You could also document your wishes with regards to your child.

Everything if helpful as long as it's not emotional and isn't slanderous.

Good luck!!!

Chany

Post by Chany » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you loads everyone for your helpful info :) I have a meeting with monika naiset next week, I see what happens.