Child care centers? Or nanny?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
nisco

Post by nisco » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Parents will both begin to work in morning, afternoon and night shifts. Sometimes possibly ending up school-year child stay alone at home. I mean most freuquently evenings from 17.00-22.00.
Are there public or private services to take care of such children occasionally for an after-school evening, or a night?
Please give me some information in both Helsinki and Turku. Where are they? How to calculate the payment?
Last edited by nisco on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nisco

Re: Child care centers? Or nanny?

Post by nisco » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks, Rip! I checked the websites. I wonder whether these can accept children older than 6 years old. But I will ask.

Flossy1978

Re: Child care centers? Or nanny?

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:21 am

Depending on the age of the children it might be better to get an older teenager to come to your home to care for your children, if it's in the evening or overnight. It would certainly be better for your children. Otherwise won't they be woken everytime you pick them up late in the evening? Or very early in the morning? Or when taking them late in the evening to care?