Kids shoes - Clarks equivalent?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
koivu2015

Post by koivu2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi there,
Our daughter has been in Clarks (UK brand) shoes, but fast outgrowing them. I like that their measurements take account of width of foot. Here it seems a very casual approach to kids shoe sizes and I don't have much confidence that I'm getting good shoes that fit her well.

Does anyone have recommendations of good shoe shops in Helsinki / Espoo area?

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MagicJ

Re: Kids shoes - Clarks equivalent?

Post by MagicJ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 pm

There's a Kids Clarks in Kamppi? i think, there's another branch in Makkara Talo but i think that's the one that doesn't sell kids shoes.
ImageImage

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:36 am

Clarks store locator:
http://www.clarks.fi/store-locator/

Part of the problem is that in winter kids wear boots (which are not usually available in width fittings) and in summer they wear sandals or trainers. Mine rarely wore the kind of 'school uniform' shoes that Clarks produce in width fittings.

I can't think of any other reason why Finland has such a poor selection of shoe shops. But I agree, it's dire.

Ecco is another possibility. They have stores in most of the bigger malls. http://global.ecco.com/en/collection/kids

koivu2015

Post by koivu2015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks! I did a tour of Kamppi and can't find any online but I'm going to recruit the grandparents and Clarks have a little shoe measuring device so we can get some remotely! The decent kids shoes here also seem really expensive, so going to stick with what I know for now.

tuttu

Post by tuttu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:04 am

i have a 50/50 experience with clarks.
actually i'm not buying them anymore, i think, for a while.
don't know about children's shoes though.
my last pair of shoes is from partioaitta, and i really like them (asolo with vibram soles).
but yes, pricey.

my experience is that there are no dedicated "alternative" shoeshops, but most shops have at least some better models.
your best bet is of course in helsinki city, kamppi, forum....

there's a few other brands - my rieker sandals are really cumfy, and there's also finnish brands, i think sievi is one.
again, i don't know about children's shoes, i'm just assuming that a brand that is good for adults is also good for kids

kendraallen

Post by kendraallen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 pm

koivu2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am
Thanks! I did a tour of Kamppi and can't find any online but I'm going to recruit the grandparents and Clarks have a little shoe measuring device so we can get some remotely! The decent kids shoes here also seem really expensive, so going to stick with what I know for now.