Autism and job.

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Clara Neuropsycho

Autism and job.

Post by Clara Neuropsycho » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:02 pm

Good afternoon.
I would lke to move to Finland Next year with my son. He is 5 year old an he has Autism. I am Neuropsychologist especialized in autism and is difficult find a job because I dont speak finnish.
My questions is if somebody know a good school for him, and where can I work with this kind of children.

Thank you in advance.

Autism and job.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tuttu

Re: Autism and job.

Post by tuttu » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 pm

i know next to nothing about these topics, but there can be only one answer to these questions (esp. both at the same time, and no finnish language skills):

The capital region and, ultimately, Helsinki.

Beep_Boop

Re: Autism and job.

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 am

Finding a school for your kid is the least of your concerns. How are you gonna come to Finland? Based on what? You need a reason (employment, family relations, study, etc.).
Once you have a reason, you need a way to support yourself. You most likely cannot start working in your field directly in Finland (many factors for this). Even in the capital region, in most cases, you still need very good Finnish to work in the medical field.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.