Type of Work Contract to bring a spouse to Finland.

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
raso

Post by raso » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:34 am

Hello Everyone.
I dont know how to start the intro here :) So I will get right to it.
I am (or my wife is) planning to apply for residence permit for her to come here and live with me.
I am neither a Finn nor an EU citizen. That means I have to show proof of stable income. I am making enough money to meet the income requirement set by the immigration office.
The question is does the type of work contract matter for the decision making process? I am working as a courier for WOLT (I might have dropped some delicious food for some of you :D :D ). The problem is I dont have a work contract with Wolt, I have a service contract, i.e, I provide a delivery service for wolt. It says on the pay-slips that I am not employed. It is like I am a freelancer at the moment but after a couple of months I will register a courier service company and operate as a company.

is there anyone out there who has used Wolt (or foodora) courier service for immigration process of any kind? Or anyone who has applied using " freelancer" income for immigration process? Or anyone who could advice me on this matter please help.

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Type of Work Contract to bring a spouse to Finland.

Post by rinso » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:56 am

raso wrote:Hello Everyone.
I dont know how to start the intro here :) So I will get right to it.
I am (or my wife is) planning to apply for residence permit for her to come here and live with me.
I am neither a Finn nor an EU citizen. That means I have to show proof of stable income. I am making enough money to meet the income requirement set by the immigration office.
The question is does the type of work contract matter for the decision making process? I am working as a courier for WOLT (I might have dropped some delicious food for some of you :D :D ). The problem is I dont have a work contract with Wolt, I have a service contract, i.e, I provide a delivery service for wolt. It says on the pay-slips that I am not employed. It is like I am a freelancer at the moment but after a couple of months I will register a courier service company and operate as a company.

is there anyone out there who has used Wolt (or foodora) courier service for immigration process of any kind? Or anyone who has applied using " freelancer" income for immigration process? Or anyone who could advice me on this matter please help.

Thank you
I suppose you have a residence permit too.
Was it based on the same job/information you are referring to now?

raso

Post by raso » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:44 am

Hello Rinso,
Yes I have a permanent residence permit. I got it through a different type of job.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 pm

raso wrote: The question is does the type of work contract matter for the decision making process? I am working as a courier for WOLT (I might have dropped some delicious food for some of you :D :D ). The problem is I dont have a work contract with Wolt, I have a service contract, i.e, I provide a delivery service for wolt. It says on the pay-slips that I am not employed. It is like I am a freelancer at the moment but after a couple of months I will register a courier service company and operate as a company.
The Finnish definition of freelancing for taxation is a bit different. In Finland you are freelancing when you are employed at the same time by many employers and use a freelance tax card. You are a sole trader. For the immigration purposes make sure you have your pension contributions etc in order. Do you have YEL (it's mandatory)? Migri can use the yel level as an indicator for the immigration income limits. Being a sole trader is ok for immigration purposes, it can just be a little bit more paperwork to satisfy them about the income.