Filipinos out there!

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Candi

Post by Candi » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:54 pm

maui wrote: aral ako ng postgraduate studies in Business engineering and degree sa Business information techology sa oulu polytechnic. :D
Talaga?:) Mahirap ba? did you support yourself?

Rakkautemme on ikuista~

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Candi

Post by Candi » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:57 pm

alma-helsinki wrote:I suggest you go to the karaoke bar in Helsinki (close to where the bus station used to be-forgot the name) and you'll definetely will find filipinos there...
Oh! but I'm here in the Philippines Alma.. Definitely, we love singing! :D
Are you a filipina too?
Rakkautemme on ikuista~

myu

pinoys/pinays in finland

Post by myu » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:38 pm

di gaanong madaling makakita ng pinoy at pinay dito, but then of course mas marami na dito sa capital area.

Candi

Re: pinoys/pinays in finland

Post by Candi » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:31 am

myu wrote:di gaanong madaling makakita ng pinoy at pinay dito, but then of course mas marami na dito sa capital area.
Talaga? :) So, how long have you been staying there? Pano ka nakapunta diyan?
Rakkautemme on ikuista~

mayumispa

Finally

Post by mayumispa » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:11 am

Hi there, Im Carlos,

Im not yet in Finland but will be moving there very soon, im in a complicated relationship with a fin girl. i met her here in milan,italy where im working with computers. based ako sa luxembourg.

those who are married with fins there. i would really need your help for a sort of crash course in fin manners.

i keep on goofing off with the right intention but wrong delivery of words and actions.

oddly enough, its been 3 years na!!! she is really special. she is a interior designer in helsinki.

any advise is welcomed :D
always sincere

maria_rn

Re: Filipinos out there!

Post by maria_rn » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:06 pm

Candi wrote:
maria_rn wrote:

Lovely :)

Awww! :) Filipina?
Yes

maria_rn

Re: pinoys/pinays in finland

Post by maria_rn » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:20 pm

myu wrote:di gaanong madaling makakita ng pinoy at pinay dito, but then of course mas marami na dito sa capital area.
Madalas di ako sure kung taga saang Asian country ang mga nakita ko.
Last edited by maria_rn on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayumispa

Finnish Holidays

Post by mayumispa » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:01 am

I know that our holiday celebrations would be mich better than most of us here is used to see.

Im in milan, and will travel to helsinki, after christmas so be with somebody special, a finn who is 25 and an interior designer there. its our first get together after a long time.

this is something thats is progressing. hope it turns for the better.

Are there Pinoys who are married to Finnish Women?

Just Curious :D
always sincere

maria_rn

Re: Finnish Holidays

Post by maria_rn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:45 am

mayumispa wrote:Are there Pinoys who are married to Finnish Women?

Hi Royce! Nice meeting you while I was in the Philippines. Was it last week? Anyhow, there was one Filipino guy who married a Finnish woman and that was Virgilio Hilario, who married Armi Kuusela. Mahirap na nga lang tanungin kung ano advise nya sa yo kasi nasa kabilang buhay na sya

boO_fi

Post by boO_fi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:03 pm

mayumispa wrote:
Are there Pinoys who are married to Finnish Women?

Well i'm a pinay married to a Finnish man does that count? :P everything is cool with my family and my Finnish husband...at first they were wondering how come he doesn't speak so much but then when they met his entire family and saw that in the morning they just sat around the dinner table drinking coffee in silence they finally realized that Finns are generally not so chatty people :)

Of course my family are devout Catholics...so they've been getting on my case about when my husband plans on converting to Catholicism (like my sister's husband did). I've told them that I'm not going to force him into anything he doesn't want to do so now she's somewhat stopped bugging me about that.

Otherwise, my family and his family get along great, my husband likes the Filipino food i cook, he finds it funny how a Filipino family works (i.e. like my mom being still apart of my life and giving comments although i'm already an adult) and just in general everything is cool.
b0 selecta!

enk

Post by enk » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:55 am

boO_fi wrote:Otherwise, my family and his family get along great, my husband likes the Filipino food i cook, he finds it funny how a Filipino family works (i.e. like my mom being still apart of my life and giving comments although i'm already an adult) and just in general everything is cool.
I'm still wondering if that's more a Catholic thing :D My husband found it rather freaky one year when we saw my mom more than we saw my
mother-in-law and my mom lives in the States :D Not to mention the
fact that we all call each other constantly in my family and we are
all pretty much as involved as you can get when living in other
countries. :D

-enk

maria_rn

Post by maria_rn » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:36 am

boO_fi wrote: Otherwise, my family and his family get along great, my husband likes the Filipino food i cook

hmm even sinigang?

boO_fi

Post by boO_fi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:55 pm

yeah he likes sinigang..he's only tried it once though at my parent's house. he's even tried diniguan and likes it..of course we had to use the whole "it's chocolate meat" con first :P
b0 selecta!

maria_rn

Post by maria_rn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:28 am

cool! I miss sinigang and dinuguan :( I cooked sinigang here once, my boyfriend hated the mere smell of it. I forgot to buy tamarind-flavored cubes while I was in the Philippines, and he was really happy because that means I won't get to cook that dish.

maui

Post by maui » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:06 pm

a pinay friend gave me a bottle of alamang then i cooked pinakbet with lots of it and my husband (finn) keep on pinching his nose :lol: :lol: :lol: but didn't say anything. :lol: