TE-PALVELUT, voluntary lack of income and residence permit

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
HannaS

Post by HannaS » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Dear all,

I moved to Finland to live with my husband, who is a Finnish citizen. I am from nonEU country and have residence permit type B to stay in Finland. I do not work here. My husband lost his job and currently is getting an unemployment benefit.

Is it obligatory for me to join TE-palvelut, so that we have mininum income for 2 persons? Or can I just continue not working? (Which I would prefer). If I stay at home and not look for job, will they prolong my permit next year?(although he is Finn, we do not have enough income for 2)

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers and opinions!

All the best Hanna

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: TE-PALVELUT, voluntary lack of income and residence perm

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:59 pm

HannaS wrote:I moved to Finland to live with my husband, who is a Finnish citizen. I am from nonEU country and have residence permit type B to stay in Finland. I do not work here. My husband lost his job and currently is getting an unemployment benefit.
Can you tell why you got a B permit? Normally family members get a A permit.
HannaS wrote: Is it obligatory for me to join TE-palvelut, so that we have mininum income for 2 persons?
It's not obligatory. Obviously you will get less benefits.
HannaS wrote: Or can I just continue not working? (Which I would prefer).
Yes.
HannaS wrote: If I stay at home and not look for job, will they prolong my permit next year?(although he is Finn, we do not have enough income for 2)
There are no income limits for family members so probably yes (but needs clarification on why you are on a B permit).

HannaS

Re: TE-PALVELUT, voluntary lack of income and residence perm

Post by HannaS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi, sorry my mistake. I have a type A permit, as a family member. Thanks a lot for your answer!