Swab tests for DNA and Paternity - Please help

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
meepmeep

Post by meepmeep » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi

I am entirely new to this forum but I need a bit of help, My biological father lives in Finland ( he is British) , and I live in the UK. I recently discovered that he is not on my birth certificate and I am applying for correction to my birth cert. To do that, we need for him to have a swab test done by a Finnish Doctor and then a specially appointed courier will take it back to the lab in the UK. He has tried his own GP and a local private clinic and neither of them offer this service. Does anyone know of a doctor in or near to Helsinki that performs swab tests for DNA testing. The lab in the UK will arrange everything, they just need a register doctor to do the swab test and sign some forms showing that it has not been tampered with and that they've seen my Dad's ID. I am getting married in a few months and I need my birth certificate to be correct so we can go ahead.

Thank you so much for your help!

Meep

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic