Marriage/registered relationship.

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
mango22

Post by mango22 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello everyone! My partner and I are going to be registering our relationship soon, but it's after the date of when same-sex marriage becomes possible. Basically, I'm wondering if that means my partner and I will still be registering our relationship, or if we'll be getting married, or if it's even possible to register a relationship once you're able to get married.
Thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Marriage/registered relationship.

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

mango22 wrote:My partner and I are going to be registering our relationship soon, but it's after the date of when same-sex marriage becomes possible. Basically, I'm wondering if that means my partner and I will still be registering our relationship, or if we'll be getting married, or if it's even possible to register a relationship once you're able to get married.
You will be getting married and registering in Finland is no longer possible. You can register abroad and it will be recognized in Finland.