Mid-year transfer to English-language schools

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
mask

Post by mask » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi there - I posted a few months back but now have a more specific question. I have a temporary position in Otaniemi for 6 months in Jan 2018. I am bringing my 9 and 7 year old children, and since we will be in Finland for a relatively short time :( we plan to put our children in an english language school. Some of the english language schools have indicated that they do not accept mid-year transfers, and the two options we are aware of that will accept midyear transfers are the International School of Helsinki and the Espoo International School. Does anyone have information/opinions on these schoools? The Helsinki school is quite expensive and the Espoo school is no cost. We had hoped to live near the city center/Helsinki but also experience the fantastic Finnish public schools, but it seems like we won't be able to do both. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic