Divorce and Assets?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
botbot

Divorce and Assets?

Post by botbot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

I am getting married next year and we will sign a prenup in relation to my house I have. In case of divorce, I will keep it.
But what happens if I sell my house during the marriage and purchase another one? Does that dissolve the agreement?
This will be my first marriage and I am not familiar with what happens in this case.

Divorce and Assets?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Divorce and Assets?

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

botbot wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm
I am getting married next year and we will sign a prenup in relation to my house I have. In case of divorce, I will keep it.
But what happens if I sell my house during the marriage and purchase another one? Does that dissolve the agreement?
This will be my first marriage and I am not familiar with what happens in this case.
Depends on the wording of the prenup. You would want to prepare for this in the agreement.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:25 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm
botbot wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm
Depends on the wording of the prenup. You would want to prepare for this in the agreement.
This. If agreement talks about house at certain address and with certain registration number, then it wont affect a house at different address and with different number.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Northernstar

Post by Northernstar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help, I married a finish lady over 5 years ago in turku finland in what im guessing was a registry office, the relationship quickly ended and we went our separate ways with no assets or children involved. I have tried to contact various agencys courts councils ect in finland as I believe there is a document I need to fill in to get the marriage annulled. im ideally looking for a finnish speaking person who may be able to help me in this area as I keep coming up against brick wall after brick wall!
Anyhelp in this matter would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:32 am

Northernstar wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help, I married a finish lady over 5 years ago in turku finland in what im guessing was a registry office, the relationship quickly ended and we went our separate ways with no assets or children involved. I have tried to contact various agencys courts councils ect in finland as I believe there is a document I need to fill in to get the marriage annulled. im ideally looking for a finnish speaking person who may be able to help me in this area as I keep coming up against brick wall after brick wall!
Anyhelp in this matter would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.
There is no annulment of marriage as such in Finnish law, other than in cases where the marriage has been illegal in the first place. For getting a divorce, see https://oikeus.fi/tuomioistuimet/karaja ... vorce.html

harryy

Post by harryy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm

That depends on the agreement I believe.