Can you transfer P status to Sweden

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
AWB

Post by AWB » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm

If you have permanent residence 'P' status in Finland, If I move to Sweden can I transfer my residence status?
Kindly share your comments, any experience. Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Can you transfer P status to Sweden

Post by tavastia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Is not possible. If you have P-EU you may work and reside into other EU country for max 90 days. After you will have to apply for local permit. Also after 2 years of living abroad your P permit maybe canceled.

Beep_Boop

Re: Can you transfer P status to Sweden

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:18 am

tavastia wrote:If you have P-EU you may work and reside into other EU country for max 90 days. After you will have to apply for local permit.
It depends. Regarding P-EU, here's a copy-paste of the reply I always use.
- Czechia, Cyprus, Hungary, Latvia, Poland and Sweden. These countries allow P-EU holders to move and start working. However, they state that you must register/apply with the police once you move there. No explanation what "register/apply" means.
- Belgium and Portugal allow you to bypass the market test requirements (read up on it, I don't fee like explaining), but you have to apply for a work residence permit.
- Netherlands allows P-EU to bypass Provisional Residence Permit (mvv) requirement, but you still have to apply for a regular residence permit for work with the market test requirements.
- France and Slovakia allows P-EU to move in some cases if they can demonstrate that they can support themselves. No explanation on what "some cases" mean.

Beyond that, there are no lists. It's just a huge steaming pile of sh*tty mess. P-EU was a wonderful idea 12 years ago.. but that's pretty much it.. an idea, nothing more. That's what happens when an EU regulation says "... and after all of that, each member state can implement all of the above however they want, add more restrictions, remove more rights, etc."
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.