information needs when relocating to Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
guuna

Post by guuna » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:52 pm

Hi there!

I am making my thesis and would be happy to hear your ideas on the information needs of a foreigner who is relocating to Finland. At the same time this information might be useful to everyone who is considering to possibility to come to Finland, or are just about to move here.

What kind of information on Finland, its culture, way of life, practical issues etc. would be valuable in order to settle in Finland as easily as possible? What should you find out already before arrival?

Any comments would be highly appreciated! :-)

You can also e-mail me:
Address edited due to data security considerations, please use profile EMAIL button HWM

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:40 pm

I guess the needs would vary pretty much according to the circumstances. In order to advise; what are yours?

guuna

Post by guuna » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:48 pm

Hi dusty-bin!

I am not consentrating in any particular circumstances here, but I do understand that the information needs vary a lot: e.g. families with children have very different needs than singles (just to name one example). This is why it would be interesting to hear how people from different backgrounds have expericed their move, and which issues they consider to be of outmost importance in order to make the relocation as smooth as possible.

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:04 pm

In that case a few hours spent reading this board would be as instructive as anything we might write now...

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:10 pm

Guuna, this section of the board (MOVING TO FINLAND) is not password protected! In other words, you might want to consider removing/editing your e-mail address from your first post before you start receiving spam...

For example, you can replace "@" with "[at]" or on your profile you can check show my e-mail address