finding a place to live in helsinki, where do i look?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
uphorea

Post by uphorea » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 am

Hi there, I am a canadian (half finn) with dual citizenship for canada and finland. I have decided to move to finland after spending a lot of time there over the past year. I am looking for an apartment where i can rent a room, as i wont have any furniture or dishes...i would like to find another girl to share with. I have no idea where i can search for this kind of accommodation. Everything is in finnish, and i do not speak finnish....yet. I plan on studying finnish upon my arrival....but it seems like unless you already speak it, your move is really difficult to accomplish without help. I have some finnish friends, but i dont want to harass them constantly with searching for an apartment for me. There MUST be some way for non-finnish speaking people to find accommodations in helsinki.
I thought this would be the place to start.

thanks

christina

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Re: finding a place to live in helsinki, where do i look?

Post by raamv » Tue May 13, 2008 6:20 pm

uphorea wrote: There MUST be some way for non-finnish speaking people to find accommodations in helsinki.
I thought this would be the place to start. thanks
christina
Finnish Friends or SOs!!
www.oikotie.fi ( vuokra assunot)
www.etuovi.com ( vuokra assunot)
as I said in the other thread RTF stickies.. in the Housing in Finland section..
you have the link to www.oikotie.fi and what it means for each search field..