Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
pseudo

Re: Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

Post by pseudo » Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I have had enough of this 'let's abolish government' bunch. See now I am going to invite this bunch in my private island. Let's see how they progress and manage to live in peace. If they fail, they get nuked. :twisted:

"Those are my principles, if you don't like them.... well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Sun May 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Jamfiguy wrote:Suggestion is for everybody to live in peace with each other despite possible differences.
Does that include fags, trannies and weirdos?
Black Flag kills ants on contact

Jamfiguy

Post by Jamfiguy » Sun May 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Well Bubba,

Its a good question, I was thinking someone was gonna ask this. Well maybe before we abolish the armies we could use them to vapourise all such weirdos from the face of the earth (now I sound like the President of Iran speaking), in which case that would give us something back from all those tax dollars that we've wasted. But if that doesn't happen, then yeah, it means living with them too.

Jamfiguy

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Mon May 25, 2009 8:36 pm

And your suggestion for situation where some guy, with his different attitude towards things, decides that army is really nifty way to impose your will upon helpless idiots?

Defeat them through unified displeasure?

fatherchristmas

Post by fatherchristmas » Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Yet another reason not to join the utterly useless sexist homophobic Army:

Male conscripts challenge their female counterparts to kill themselves.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/uutiset/kotim ... id=1690628

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Sorry - Google tranlation is a bit poor.

What's the issue with the book?

Could some good soul explain that?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 am

It was an "unburden diary" with "free speech"... now the women made a deal out of it thers no more free speech allowed.... of course if you're said to be a mad lesbo cow it hurts your feelings...
Last edited by Pursuivant on Thu May 28, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 am

Pursuivant wrote:It was an "unburden diary" with "free speech"... now the stupid women made a deal oyút of it thers no more free speech allowed.
Ain't that the Finnish way: keep up and shut up. Why am I not surprised to hear that something soft, social and feelgood thing is not working in army?
Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:What's the issue with the book?
It happened to concern the females (female leaders?) of the unit. If same things had been written about their male counterparts they would probably just shrugged it off, especially in the last days of their service.

It was rare, when I served, that conscript leaders were liked, maybe one or two in few dozen. And at least one in five were not liked or outright hated.

Same kind of diaries were used when I was in the army, but then the females tended to fare rather well, so there really weren't so much to vent about them then. But some of their male counterparts got their share. And I don't remember what was written about me (or what I wrote when I was private), but I wouldn't be surprised to read same kind of things from/about me. One gets angry, tired and frustrated at the times. And now prosecutor wants to jail the conscript leaders (that I presume are males) that circulated and hid the notebooks that contained the rants from the privates.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Thu May 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Argh...so these diaries where just kept by the other soldiers? I thought they were some stuff kept by the officers...ok...

Thanks for that. As mentioned google thingy was a big rubbish.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu May 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Of coourse it isn't proper nor gentlemanly etc... but then again how do you "unburden" in the army? Its not happy tree friends...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Thu May 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Well according to another thread going on at the moment it creates friendship and teaches people from all walks of life to get along.

Maybe I just don't get it...or the translation was sooo poor...but I really don't see the issue. People will do stuff like that and as you (hank) said, it's not the proper thing to do but fact of life that those thigns happen...sadly!

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Fri May 29, 2009 7:39 am

Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:Well according to another thread going on at the moment it creates friendship and teaches people from all walks of life to get along.
It depends on people. Usually people have friendships (or similar) with their roommates.

You do not interact with others as much.

And that does not mean that guy even in same room (or rather very often specially guys in same room) do not annoy you to point of anger. It just is part of life, and nobody has hard feelings over it.

I had couple rather big clashes with my roommates, but once the blowout was over, we were buddies just like before. Everyone knew that sooner or later everyone had to let out some steam.
Maybe I just don't get it...or the translation was sooo poor...but I really don't see the issue. People will do stuff like that and as you (hank) said, it's not the proper thing to do but fact of life that those thigns happen...sadly!
Well, it was more or less overreaction by females. But they are very touchy about their presence in the army in many cases.

I think that lowering requirements for females and higher pay do not help to alleviate this issue.
(For example, to get into paras, female does not have to meet same requirements as males)

Idefix

Post by Idefix » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Tiwaz wrote: I think that lowering requirements for females and higher pay do not help to alleviate this issue.
(For example, to get into paras, female does not have to meet same requirements as males)
What exactly do you mean with the pay part? Do females earn more money than the guys while in service?
I know in Sweden the females get a little extra money per month to buy their own underwear, since the military do not (at least did not some years ago) supply female underwear. Is it something similar that the females get in Finland?

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Tiwaz wrote:
I think that lowering requirements for females and higher pay do not help to alleviate this issue.
good old equality... :roll:

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri May 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:
Tiwaz wrote:
good old equality... :roll:
Well, I can almost understand why there are lower limits for females, but when one gets one or two extra tellu or another jumppakuutio to carry 'cause someone can't carry hers, again, the understanding gets sweated pretty quickly away... and I'm not saying we weren't pissed about men who couldn't handle their share (and in our company it was the stronger sex that struggled usually ;)).
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.