Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
antstar

Re: Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

Post by antstar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:06 pm

debonaire wrote: Russia would invade Finland to capture Santa Claus...
Even i'd take up arms to prevent that!! :(

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:07 pm

EP wrote:
His birth country forces arent relevant to me, only thing what matters is finnish force.

I cant care less if he did his time in lesotho or UK, finnish service is what matters, if you want be finnish then do what finnish have to do.

Yes im xenophil racist finn but so are most employers i know and most finnish friends i have, thats how it is. Live whit it.
You are really something, aren´t you?

If the army in Lesotho has already taught him how to behave if somebody attacs, why the hell would he have to do it all over again in Finland. If somebody attacs Finland he would know perfectly well how to shoot (or whatever) with the teaching he got in Lesotho.
Yes i am, im finnish man who tells how things are.
Training in lesotho is null, nill, nothing. Training in finland is only thing what is looked. He cant disassembe and assemble "rynkky" nor shoor with "sinko" not even talk about "apilas" and all that is trained in army.
I can still disassemble and assembe "assault rifle" with my eyes closed (and with bit practise i can do that to machinegun too), thats something needed in battle. I can shoot bazooka and heavy bazooka, im trained as bazooka man of group tho. Someone from lesotho cant do that without training no matter if they did their time in there.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

EP

Post by EP » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Training in lesotho is null, nill, nothing.
Nonsense.

It would be just stupid waste of limited resources to start training people who have already been trained elsewhere.

Russian

Post by Russian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Hank W. wrote: "Security of St Petersburg" like the last time.
You mean that time when Russia tried to protect Leningrad after Finland had attacked Russia twice?

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:31 pm

EP wrote:
Training in lesotho is null, nill, nothing.
Nonsense.

It would be just stupid waste of limited resources to start training people who have already been trained elsewhere.
Of course they in "lesotho" or where ever train in finnish enviroment with finnish armaments and for winter (do they have a winter in there?).
Of course they have same guns and same enviroment.

Youre woman i think or you didnt serve your time, if you did you know how ridicilous that what you said was.

EP

Post by EP » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:39 pm

You mean that time when Russia tried to protect Leningrad after Finland had attacked Russia twice?
I see, you still use the old history books in Russia. :wink:

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:40 pm

antstar wrote:Well, still average soldiers still need to learn basics like fire groups and manouvering

And fireteam tactics can differ greatly between armies.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

antstar

Post by antstar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Karhunkoski wrote:
antstar wrote:Well, still average soldiers still need to learn basics like fire groups and manouvering

And fireteam tactics can differ greatly between armies.
Yep thats why i said even though you may have been with another army tactics are different, and like our friendly Finn onkko says, weather condition training is a good point also.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Russian wrote:
Hank W. wrote: "Security of St Petersburg" like the last time.
Finland had attacked Russia before 1939 when exactly since the border treaty of 1921?
USSR started the 2nd world war by invading Poland and by invading the Baltic states and Finland in 1939 according to the USSR alliance treaty with Germany.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Russian

Post by Russian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:57 pm

EP wrote: I see, you still use the old history books in Russia. :wink:
Why? We take an independent source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet-Fin ... n_Uprising

By the way, do our books lie about Finland siding with fascist Germany in WWII as well?

Russian

Post by Russian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Hank W. wrote: Finland had attacked Russia before 1939 when exactly since the border treaty of 1921?
See my previous post.

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 pm

friendly Finn onkko
Goddammit, that was hilarious :D
Im unfriendliest of unfriendlty finns. just to make point that finland isnt nice place (it can be if you manage to be finnish) :)
Im not really that bad but i exaggarate to make my point. Finnish are xenophile and racists, we hate russians and partly germans. we dont trust to others so being foreign is hard in finland (exaggrated but there is fact back of this). i wont lie about it and wont try to change a fact.
Foreigner.. let me think. Foreigner is something i look with curiousity. If you want to live in finland then well its something you can do as long you dont push your beliefs to us. i dont care about foreigners if they dont bother me, easy as that.
I dont really care where youre from if you dont bother me.
I have friend from turkey and someone in family from india, i dont care.
Main thing what im saying is that this is finland, adapt or depart :)

Your unfriendy finn :)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Russian wrote:By the way, do our books lie about Finland siding with fascist Germany in WWII as well?
Do your books tell how you supported fascist Germany to raise to power, made possible for German rearmament, aided it in its war efforts, and started the 2nd world war by invading Poland?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-Sov ... _Agreement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet-German_cooperation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_inv ... %281939%29

Without the necessary supplies from the USSR and strategic security in the East, Germany could not have succeeded in the West. Had the Soviet Union joined the Anglo-French blockade, the German war economy would have soon collapsed. With its own raw materials as of September 1939, Germany could have only been supplied for mere 9 to 12 months. From the start of the war until Germany invaded the Soviet Union less than two years later, Stalin supplied Hitler with 1.5 million tons of oil, the same quantity of grain, and many thousands of tons of rubber, timber, phosphates, iron, and other valuable metal ores, particularly chromium, manganese, and platinum. At the time of the invasion, Nazi Germany was heavily in debt to the Soviet Union.
Cheers, Hank W.

antstar

Post by antstar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 pm

My my! how some threads change around completely!Where's Tiwaz? i thought he'd love this kinda thread?

Onkko? are you and Tiwaz related?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Russian wrote:
Hank W. wrote: Finland had attacked Russia before 1939 when exactly since the border treaty of 1921?
See my previous post.
Are you taught reading comprehension? The Finnish government disallowed support to the Karelian insurgency - and that was in Karelian SSSR which is nowhere close to Leningrad. Besides which Finland and USSR had a new non-aggression pact in 1932. And how exactly could the Finnish army with its meager resources pose any kind of threat to the USSR? 250,000 men, 30 tanks, 130 aircraft???
Cheers, Hank W.