Whyis My Residence permit processing time taking so long?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
EP

Re: Whyis My Residence permit processing time taking so long?

Post by EP » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Cannot your wife come and live with you? Why does it have to be the other way around? Why does she just visit?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 am

A RP can take time. Depending on your situation they want to check things.
If they suspect your marriage is a scam to enter the Schengen zone, they can even reject it.
Cant something be done as regards to our predicament...? Can the finnish authority look into our situation and for the sake of sympathy HELP?Unbehalf of me and my Wife- I am pleading to the UVI/FInnish authority to please consider our predicament and facilitate for us a means of living together as husband and wife.
The more you try to hasten the process, the longer it takes. They get confused and have to rethink things.
You just have to sit it out.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Have you lived together for any amounts of time? If not (which I would guess from your posts), your marriage is likely to be considered extremely suspect. I am not saying that it is not true love, but the people going through your applications don't care about true love or such silly things, so it is natural that your application be checked with a microscope.
I guess there is nothing you can do but behave and wait, that's how it is.

At least you are not being threatened with deportation to a country where you will certainly be tortured or killed, unlike some of the cases the Migri works on. That's always a good thing :)

I guess you have submitted transcripts of emails/letters and pictures of you two together etc to the application? I think that is the only thing you can do.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:19 pm

You didn't answer the question. Have you two ever lived together?

It's going to be bad looking to the migration department if you've never lived together but for 5 days.

How did you meet her? How long have you two known each other? Do you have proper documentation to show that you have a proper relationship. I don't know how you two could if she's been here in Finland studying and you just live there in Africa and you've not even been to Finland before.

And there must be some serious reason for you to not have been given a tourist visa twice before. They might think you are at risk of coming here and never leaving.

I think when a person gets really defensive like you are about scams etc, often that's what the person is doing.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:30 pm

"..been together 5 days..." "...from africa..." Triggers all possible alarms in migri. If youre from Nigeria on top of that it triggers few unknown alarms too.
Migri wont care about your feelings, feelings cant be measured. Facts you tell here tell about clear fake marriage to get in schengen area. Thats how they see it (and statistically are right). If they wont want to let you in even for holiday then good luck but dont hold your breath while waiting.

Best way to you to is live in africa with your finnish wife, of course you two are so in love you can wait for end of her studies and her waits too.

Real love wouldnt die on something minor like that wouldtn it? You can support your wife in there and she has much more possibilities to work in africa than you have in here so its better choise. You wouldnt want something like finnish social benefits/disappear in schengen area etc, would you? Only for love...

After you have lived few years happily together in africa you can try visa again if you want.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

soulfromhighplaces wrote:However the truth remains that,its only God that knows the truth about everything.
Exactly. And frankly our opinions do not matter, your opinion does not matter, its the people who give you the residence permit whose opinion is that matters. It is them you have to convince - not us or yourself.
You said LOVE is silly?
Its irrelevant. They look at facts, they can not look into your heart.
Why cant you see the truth in this matter-That husband and wife are naturally meant to be totogether and live together...Moreos if one egg in a basket is bad does it make the rest egg in te basket bad?
We're not the ones doing the decisions so it is irrelevant what we think. You have assessed the situation right - everybody is a suspect these days and as Finland is a Schengen country - if you have been denied a visa before from any EU country, you're on the suspect list. Unfortunately, you are not the first/only person to face this kind of problem.
Please Think out of the box...
Nope, you need to think how you can "fit in the box". otherwise if you do not "fit in the box" then you don't get your residence permit. They will ask the same question - what is the reason she cannot come to live with you if the marriage is real? She loves her family and her job more than her husband? You have to answer that so that they believe, it is irrelevant what you believe or what the rest of us believe.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:33 pm

I agree.

If this were 'true' love your wife could much easier get a job where you live than vice versa.

I think it's fake. The poor woman.

I also think that it must be you have a ciminal record or something for you to not have been allowed twice with a tourist visa.

Tho do protest a bit much too I think.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Too bad God isnt part of migri and migri judges.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

soulfromhighplaces wrote:We met at a muslimmatrimonial site 7months ago.. Decemeber- She came down to Africa to meet me and my familyin february ..feb 6th we got married..she left feb 10th 2008 to finland,
I am sorry, but this is not a very convincing story. It looks like a scam, and even one without much preparation. No wonder this raises some eyebrows at Migri.
It does not matter if it is true love or not, it will be treated as very suspicious.
I think the only way you can get a RP is if you have lived together with your wife (in some other country) for at least two years.
Time to see what sacrifices your wife is willing to make for your marriage.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

My god says youre suspicious and my god says youre guilty if not proven innocent.

All hail to god, the great Flying Spaghetti Monster!

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Why cant you see the truth in this matter
Well my point was that it does not matter at all what I or anyone else on this forum thinks, it is what the people processing your application think that is important. And if they think love is silly, then it does not really matter if it isn't.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 pm

soulfromhighplaces wrote:We met at a muslimmatrimonial site 7months ago.. Decemeber- She came down to Africa to meet me and my familyin february ..feb 6th we got married..she left feb 10th 2008 to finland,because she had a Job practice and at the same time school was in session.so we only stayed five unforgettable days together. ever since we have spoke mailed and chat with each other almost everyday.

About the "visa denial" the first denial was justified for the fact that our marraige certificate hadnt been legalised at the finnish embassy.More so because there was no proof of our marraige registry in finland.

The second denial-I cannot fathom the rationale behind it..really because we had all documents-he family invited to me-as usual to get aquainted with them.But unfortunately i was denied visa.The consuler are doing their Job-I know..But its making life difficult for us... we are almost tearing apart.

Honest as regard me being defensive about scams..I wont hide it..I dont like Scams for one bit.I will fight Scam till i die..Cos those who perpetrated it over the years have now made Life difficult for us.Please understand this.The atmosphere before now was harmonious and no one suspected any one for marraige scam etc. I have to defend myself-God,My wife and my family knows me better than anyone.

Thanks
man you are doing everything impatiently,applying for visa before your marriage got legalised in Finland? no wonder why they dont give u visa....after all it doesnt make getting visa is sure if you get invited by Finnish to Finland,that depends on if you have enough money to handle during your stay in Finland and your criminal history though u said you havent ever commited any crime so it was because of money,you know its not nigeria you need pretty much money to stay in Finland as a tourist ;) and as far as i have noticed you want all these buroqratical stuff end up fastly,make your paperworks then you will get your residence permit fast but believe me that 2 visa apply made a bad effect on your chance of getting RP ;) you should have waited instead of applying for visas...

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 pm

You do know that when you get your RP you will come here, be constantly cold, not know anyone, not fit in, not know the language, become depressed because youre alone at home cause you dont have a job cause you dont know any Finnish and it is proving impossible to learn and you cant understand why noone wants to give you a job, even a lousy one.
After about three years of cold climate, no job, no language skills, and not knowing anyone except other foreigners and your wifes friends you will both be depressed about the whole situation and you get divorced and you get kicked out of the country again...

I really hope it wont be like this for you, but if you read other threads on this forum, this is exactly what tends to happen. Just a thought. I think you should really consider getting your wife to your homecountry. If it really is true love, then you would surely not be opposed to HER in your country? If you live together for a few years and then apply for a Schengen visa, that is a completely different thing.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm

soulfromhighplaces wrote:Hi Rinso

True the Mgri have their rules and regulation as well as criterias in making decisions...Again true again is your statement that you cannot use feelings as a yard stick to make critical decisions.But i like to ask what yardstick you use in judging the intent or a criminal and innocent person?

What is wrong if i prefer that i and my wife live and raise up a family in another mans country? I there a law that frowns against this?

Hwo many cases have you had of people that lived for two years or more before they get theri resident permit?

What iswrong if someone desire to advance his education and carreer in another mans land?

what is wrong for someone to declare citizenship in a country different from is?

Are there any laws that frowns against the questions enlisted above?

Please if there is,do let me know..i want to learn.

More so why do europeans/americas come to africa without much ado-to do business and for offcial assignment? Is it because of theri statues as europeans/americans?

Do you know what positive development i can contribute to the economy of any european/american country? We can never know what the future holds in stalk for us.

About you god finding me guilty as charge...Until now i didnt know that a god like that exist.well it should appear in my dreams or day time and put me in jail forever.if its truly god.or more aptly let it kill me so i dont send the next reply.

Its so unfortunate

Well there is nothing against about you or anyone else going to another country to live,work,study etc. as far as that country`s government lets you do it but being that country`s citizen is all different story,it sounds like you want to get to Finland as soon as possible and get rid off Nigeria because you jusst spent 5 days together with your wife and got married!? that really doesnt sound true love thats why you havent got your RP yet ;) and those 2 apllication of visiting Finland also makes it suspicious!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 pm

soulfromhighplaces wrote:What iswrong if someone desire to advance his education and carreer in another mans land?
Ah, so in other words your marriage is just to advance your career and education, so in other words its just been made to get to in Finland?
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.