Question about Population Registry and Finnish ID

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mrshourula

Post by mrshourula » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:33 pm

I know that my daughter (Finnish citizen) goes to Tampereen Maistraatti to register and to the Tampere Police Station to apply for the ID card.
Her question is can she do this on the same day (given they are located near each other) or does some time have to pass for the registration to process before she can apply for the ID?

She's organizing an outing with her tutor and wants to be efficient.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tampereen Maistraatti (Register Office in Tampere)
Hatanpään valtatie 24
FI-33100 Tampere, FINLAND

Tel: +358 (0)71 87 40341
Email: [email protected]
Open Mon - Fri 8:00-16:15

Tampere Police Station
Hatanpään valtatie 16
FI-33100 Tampere, FINLAND

Open Mon - Fri 8:00 - 16:15
Tel: +358 (0)7187 45415

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: Question about Population Registry and Finnish ID

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:42 pm

the computers need a "turn of the universe" to update, but it takes abt 2 weeks to get the ID card - and as she already *exists* as in having the henkilötunnus - The Finnish ID card doesn't have your address or anything like that, so its irrelevant really. she goes to the maistraatti to get domiciled and then she could come to Helsinki and get an ID card... its irrelevant which police station as long as she has her passport. they will ask if she wants KELA information included but as she doesn't have it thats a no... and email and phone number is also available... but thats this newfangled biodynamic waste stuff so irrelevant. she needs to have here "official" un-smiling (so alien to the merkins) photos and Pertti on sun enos..

she will have a paper from the maistraatti with her address information, but then again knowing civil servants I'd wait for the week and then get something that doesn't confuse the drones ;)
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

mrshourula

Post by mrshourula » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Pursuivant wrote:the computers need a "turn of the universe" to update, but it takes abt 2 weeks to get the ID card - and as she already *exists* as in having the henkilötunnus - The Finnish ID card doesn't have your address or anything like that, so its irrelevant really. she goes to the maistraatti to get domiciled and then she could come to Helsinki and get an ID card... its irrelevant which police station as long as she has her passport. they will ask if she wants KELA information included but as she doesn't have it thats a no... and email and phone number is also available... but thats this newfangled biodynamic waste stuff so irrelevant. she needs to have here "official" un-smiling (so alien to the merkins) photos and Pertti on sun enos..
Perfect -- and she has four official unsmiling photos.

Does one pay cash for the ID?

Thanks.

mrshourula

Post by mrshourula » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Pursuivant wrote:she will have a paper from the maistraatti with her address information, but then again knowing civil servants I'd wait for the week and then get something that doesn't confuse the drones ;)

Bear with me here: are you saying she should wait one week between registering and apply for ID?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:31 pm

ID is 40 euros in cash at hand (or a bank card which is not electron)...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:33 pm

mrshourula wrote:are you saying she should wait one week between registering and apply for ID?
once you are "in the computer" theres far much less confusion... she is *in* the computer but not as a Tampere resident
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

mrshourula

Post by mrshourula » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Hank W. wrote:
mrshourula wrote:are you saying she should wait one week between registering and apply for ID?
once you are "in the computer" theres far much less confusion... she is *in* the computer but not as a Tampere resident
Thank you. I have passed on the information.