SERIOUSLY I am in need for some HELP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
EP

Re: SERIOUSLY I am in need for some HELP

Post by EP » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 am

BTW, the most usual way of losing all of your documentation on a train is by flushing it down the toilet.
My thoughts exactly. But why would a Russian do that? Anyway, it smells fishy.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

enk

Post by enk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:35 am

EP wrote:
BTW, the most usual way of losing all of your documentation on a train is by flushing it down the toilet.
My thoughts exactly. But why would a Russian do that? Anyway, it smells fishy.
Not a Russian after all? I have no idea actually. And when you consider the milisia ride the
trains in Russia, it's really fishy.

-enk

odon

Post by odon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:23 pm

to the orginal poster.....go to the russian embassy and ask for temporary passport, get a paper form the hospital called birth certificate, darn the mid-wife can issue that and the hospital can attest it!! So they will add the child's name to the temporary passport...!!

good luck....!!

enk

Post by enk » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:26 am

odon wrote:to the orginal poster.....go to the russian embassy and ask for temporary passport, get a paper form the hospital called birth certificate, darn the mid-wife can issue that and the hospital can attest it!! So they will add the child's name to the temporary passport...!!

good luck....!!
Birth certificates in Finland DO NOT have the baby's name on them. She has to find out what
paper her embassy would like to prove the baby's name, but is the baby even in the system
if it doesn't have a Social Security number?

-enk

syszinou

Post by syszinou » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Parthiv wrote:Hello everybody,
I am in really bad situation with Finnish Immigration.
I am Russian Citizen and my husband is Indian Citizen
we came to Finland in January 2008 and we had filed our resident permit in February 2008.
Till today we do not have any legal stamp in our passport but we have several letters from MIGRI that our resident permit is under consideration.

The problem is, we had our first child born in Finland in may 2008 we could not register our child in finish social system because we were not registered in any municipality in Finland. The problem is MIGRI is asking me to put my child's name in my Russian passport in order for MIGRI to stamp our resident permit in our passport, I went to Russian embassy and they told me the CHILD is not registered in Finnish social system so we can not write his name.

Whatever, THE real problem is, While coming back from Russian embassy in december2008, I lost my National and International passport in train, with my husbands passport and child birth certificate, marriage certificate everything.

I called Russian embassy, and because I lost my national and international passport, I have to go to Russia to make my new passport, But I can not take my child as he has NO papers, My son is only 8 months old and he is still breast feeding, How can I leave my child alone in Finland and go to Russia as I don't know how long it might take to make new passport.

SO Finnish people want my son's name in my passport, I can only get passport when I go to Russia, SO what is the solution? What right my child have? he is born in Finland and we had to play almost 3000 euro cash for the delivery in Helsinki Ylipoisto hospital YET he is neither Finnish Citizen, Nor Russian, nor India. We want to make him Russian Citizen (or any for moment, Finnish or Indian) I had to take my child to hospital few times since his birth and all vaccination and everything and I have to pay cash. SO what are the Rights for my son for him to be born in Finland?

Please guys don't make fun and reply me with serious help, Since December I want to go to Russia and make new passport so we can get resident permit. But can not take son, WHY Finnish government will not give any kind of paper for my son? he is legally born and we have entered Finland legally and file our paper legally and it is not rejected, it is under consideration.

I will appreciate any help. My husband has some Kidney problem and he needs surgery and he also has to go to India and I want to go with him and our son (once he get his new passport next week hopefully)

Thank you

-Svetlana
Hi it is very easy and dont make it hard ok ???
you can contact me [email protected]
so what you will do ???
the first thing you muyst go to marry your husband by paper how ???
go to embassy of russia and he go to embassy of india and got autorization of marriage
and then go back to hospital and get birth certificate of your son or some kind of paper proof that your son born there
and go to maistratii registre ur son if maistratii dont accept it then it is more easy what you will do ???
go with that certificate to embassy of russia and they will registre your son and
to get new passport you dont need to go to russia u have all right to get a passport from embassy and if you you wont get anyhelp
the choose you must contact the ministry of you country
ifyou need more help that my adress contact me ok ????

Julkka

Post by Julkka » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:11 am

I'd consider the loss of national passport as the biggest problem here...
A Russian living abroad can get a new foreigh passport from the Russian Embassy easily (even if he/she keeps his/her original residence record - it is quite enough to have an address in Finland & a local SSN). But the national passport can be changed in Russia only, so one has to go to Russia to do that.

How long one has to wait for the new Russian national passport to be issued is a question of money :ochesey:
I got mine in 3 days + 5 more days to get a new foreign passport. After that the local Finnish consulate will transfer the residence permit to the new foreign passport. Normally they do it quickly.

The moral of this fable is: once an immigrant, NEVER EVER lose your papers :thumbsdown:

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:53 pm

so U got 2 kinds of passports in Russia?? :? :roll:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Yup, the "internal passport" is like what here is "in the computer"... a bit like ID cards here, only more comprehensive. Similar to old South African passports.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Julkka

Post by Julkka » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

raamv wrote:so U got 2 kinds of passports in Russia?? :? :roll:
Yep, exactly :)
Inside Russia, it is allowed to identify oneself with either of them (theoretically), outside - with foreign passport only.
But in order to apply for a new foreign passport, the internal/national one is to be at hand. Losing it is a disaster because it leads to renewing many other important papers.

missishot

Post by missishot » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:57 pm

if you lost a bunch of the documents, contact police 112, they will give your a number of a local police station and there they will check LOST and FOUND. If you really lost them, they will be found and returned to some LOSTandFOUND in Finland. In Finland nobody needs your documents and people here are honest. So try to look for the lost documents! Ask in the train station and police etc!!!

Parthiv

Post by Parthiv » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 pm

I did lost my all documents in the train, I did not flush down the toilet, even if I try, big bag with my son's nappies, digital camera and feeding bottle will not flush down the toilet, the thing is some one stole the bag from the train.

I called the VR right away and they contacted the train. I waited at the station for the same train to come back from the last station and I went in the same compartment to look for the bag, it was not there, I waited for 3 months and called Lost and Found 25 times (at least).

Now the thing is I got my passport from Indian Embassy, but Russian people simply (were rude) told my wife to wait until the son grows up and then go to Russia, make passport then come back and file for son's passport. We showed the copy of national and international passport (same as I did in Indian Embassy) but Russian people did not considered that. My point is that the day we lost our passport, we went to Russian Embassy to get my son's passport, but they refused to give my son passport because we did not have any stamp in our passport from Finland, so Russian people refused to give my son passport when my wife had her National and International passport. She is thinking about giving up her Russian Citizenship, because to Russian person, if Russian people (or government) won't help then who else will help? When there is bus crash in Israel or bus accident in Vietnam with Russian tourist, Russia sends the chartered plane to bring the injured home, that kind of help they do, but then what about people like us?

I did not do any fishy thing, I am not asking any money from Finnish Government, I just want to work and pay tax as everyone else does, I do not expect any free money, as I will never got any free money in US and I will not get any free money in India or Russia and I will have to work, so I does in Finland too, I want to work and make money. I lived and worked in US and Canada, I went to Washington DC Finnish Embassy with all the papers and the Finnish Embassy in Washington DC told me to do whatever my employer suggested me to do to make things work faster.

I received my passport but we are still not sure how we will make our son's passport.