Opening a shop

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
davin72

Opening a shop

Post by davin72 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:56 pm

Has anyone experience of opening a retail shop in Finland ?
I and my partner hope to be opening a craft based shop in the Helsinki area. This will involve importing from other eu countries ? Grateful for any pointers.
PS on a more nerdy techy note - will my newly purchased fax/telephone work in Finland?

Thanks Davin

Opening a shop

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Hi Davin, welcome to .. It's great to hear from other art and craft-minded folks. I live in Oulu actually, and I don't yet have a retail outlet, but I am just starting out in the fine arts and design business. Feel free to contact me at [email protected].
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:22 am

Your fax/phone might work after you change the plugs to "standard". This means Finnish standard (funny how the phone plugs seem to be totally different in every country). But really - you need to plug it in and try.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:32 am

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

superiorinferior

YES !

Post by superiorinferior » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:18 pm

Back in 1997 or '98 I plugged in my U.S.-purchased Brother phone/fax (it really was the bees knees back then!) and plugged it into my 110v-220v converter and into the phone jack in the wall and it worked perfectly every time.

Though it got less and less use over the years (as email became more prevalent in my life), it worked JUST FINE.

///good luck

s.i.