kela support

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
elyiis

kela support

Post by elyiis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Hello,
I have a question:
I am living here in Finland with my boyfriend (he is a finn) and I'm studying in the University of Helsinki as an exchange student.
A friend of mine told me that it's possible to ask for the support from kela since I will move here creating a finnish family. Someone knows more about this?

kela support

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

interleukin

Re: kela support

Post by interleukin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:39 pm

You may live here now and with Finnish family ties, but you came to Finland to study (if you came here as an exchange student), so you will most likely not have any luck with KELA. To have family ties, you should be married to your boyfriend or have lived together with him for at least two years. And even then, you would most likely have to leave the country and apply for a new residence permit based on family ties.

You can always go to KELA offices and ask and get more info.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:57 pm

If you have a residence permit based on "study", you are not entitled for Kela support.
If your RP is based on family ties, you can try.
You do have a RP do you?

elyiis

Post by elyiis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 pm

no i still havent a RP since I came here 2 weeks ago , i was waiting for the documents from university...
do u think it is possible to put the RP for family ties? considering that i live with my boyfriend anyway...

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:21 pm

*sigh*
Are you EU on non-EU? I'd guess EU as you just are here.
Are you going to back to fininsh your studies in your old university as you are on exchange?
How long have you been with the bf, and where?
Do you confess participating in subversive actions against the DDR.... darn, wrong questionnaire :twisted:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

elyiis

Post by elyiis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm italian, so im from EU =)
Im gonna finish my studies in Italy but just for a short while, and I'm with my boyfriend since 1 year and half and we are living together since almost 1 year...

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm

OK, so the problem is on what grounds are you in Finland for... one gives you things.. the other doesn't... and one thing takes everything away... anyhow, as you are enrolled as a student you cannot get any money as students are not "unemployed". However if you want to get the ID number and your permesso, the police like the student papers. If you go there with an ugly boyfriend, they want to see the bedsheets with virginal blood and then also that you have a job and are working... so 50/60... now if you would have come here say 1/2 year ago, applied for boyfriend reasons, found a job... *then* picked up studies... thats alltogether a different thing.... now this is not all bad as then if you are here only for "temporary" stay you can then later on "move" from Italy - bring a car etc. and as you already have been you have all the numbers and getting the EU paper is easy (for boyfriend or work reasons)...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Pursuivant wrote:*sigh*
Are you EU on non-EU? I'd guess EU as you just are here.
Are you going to back to fininsh your studies in your old university as you are on exchange?
How long have you been with the bf, and where?
Do you confess participating in subversive actions against the DDR....
:lol:
ImageImage

elyiis

Post by elyiis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:11 pm

yeah but in the end i was here before... just for 1 or 2 months so there was no need to have a RP...
and im studying here bcoz of my bf on the contrary i would have studied somewhere else...
cant i explain this to the police and see what they say? probably they will give me the permission just as a student bcoz its easier for them and they dont have to pay...
and in the meanwhile im here ... and i have no job, im using my parents money... gah...
and the worse is that i dont speak finnish so i cant get a job *sigh*
I'm trying with the kauppatori thing but if i dont sell anything, i just lose more...

raamv

Post by raamv » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 pm

elyiis wrote:Hello,
I have a question:
I am living here in Finland with my boyfriend (he is a finn) and I'm studying in the University of Helsinki as an exchange student.
A friend of mine told me that it's possible to ask for the support from kela since I will move here creating a finnish family. Someone knows more about this?
once you have support for making sure that you have spentt 24 months plus with your BF.and apply for a new RP based on ties..you seem to teether on the edge of a NO almost all the time from KELA for any support..

MovingToFinland

Post by MovingToFinland » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Best thing is to visit Kela office and ask from there. Now that you have just move to Finland you can visit In To servicepoint, look their website www.intofinland.fi.