Renewing A-5 Visa?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
bigburrito

Renewing A-5 Visa?

Post by bigburrito » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:11 pm

Hello:) I'm back with more questions again:)lol

The lady in our police station said re-apply for residence in may. May is soon and I was wondering what is it like to renew an A-5 visa in Vantaa? How do work permits work? Do I need a job beforehand when I renew my visa or can I just have working as an option? (Last time I just forfeited the whole thing because I'm a homemaker) And I don't collect benefits:)lol Hubby makes enough for us.

How much does it cost to renew? Is there any special paperwork I will need?

Thanks a bunch!:)

Kat

Renewing A-5 Visa?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

TrishPaakkonen

Post by TrishPaakkonen » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:25 am

Hi,

Im about to renew my A 5 visa. I have been told mixed things:

One person said it took 7 months to get the renewal, while another here told me her renewal ( passport sicker and all) took about 30 minutes here in Espoo.

There is a very short 2 page form to fill out ( English instructions included ) and you will need 2 black and white passport type photos. My husband was told we pay 101 euros at the time of renewal.

That's about all I know...other than if they dont issue that sticker that goes into your passport the same day, make sure to keep the receipt with your passport.

Hope some of this helps,

Trish

bigburrito

:)

Post by bigburrito » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:18 pm

Okay thanks!:) My first one took 6 months so I'm waiting for the long haul. As long as I can travel and visit my family I'm alright with it taking forever:)lol

Thanks!:)

eashton

Post by eashton » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:36 pm

The visa is 35 euro and up in Vantaa it may take less time than here in Helsinki but the 'official' time is 5 months but it can take up to 7 as mine did.

With an A5 residence permit you can work so you don't have to worry about a separate work permit but finding a job is the tricky part :)

And, you can keep your passport for the duration of the process and travel freely as long as you have the receipt with the official stamp along with your passport. Ask for one when you make your application. The receipt is good only for 5 months so if it takes longer than this, you'll have to renew the receipt if you wish to travel.

bigburrito

:)

Post by bigburrito » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:18 pm

great!:) thanks so much for the info:)

Happy Holidays:)

Kat