New Aliens' Act passed in the Parliament

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sy

Post by sy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:10 pm

It seems that the new Aliens' Act has just been passed in the Parliament. It's said that the Parliament has passed the proposals that are decided after the First Processing Round.

http://www.eduskunta.fi/triphome/bin/ve ... =19/159635

Details should be coming later.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dreamer

Post by dreamer » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:26 pm

When did it happen? Is it in the news yet?

royal

Post by royal » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:31 pm

Hey, sy...My second A-type residence permit expires next year in June. I contacted Espoo Police last week & they said next year I've to apply again for renewal (for more 2 years). I knew that I'd already apply for Permanent R.P. next year as my A-type res permit already started last year. Is it true what they told me from Espoo Police?

sy

Post by sy » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:02 pm

dreamer wrote:When did it happen? Is it in the news yet?
They voted in the Parliament on Friday at about 13-14 o'clock. Quite strange that it's not reported in the news yet. Maybe reporters are waiting for the president to sign it, or did I understand the process wrong? :roll:

sy

Post by sy » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:08 pm

royal wrote:Hey, sy...My second A-type residence permit expires next year in June. I contacted Espoo Police last week & they said next year I've to apply again for renewal (for more 2 years). I knew that I'd already apply for Permanent R.P. next year as my A-type res permit already started last year. Is it true what they told me from Espoo Police?
I'm not sure now, since I can't find the final shape of the new Aliens Act at this moment. But my understanding is that, as I said in another thread, old rules should be applied to the A-status residence that has already began before 1.5.2004. That is, you should be able to apply for the PR next year.

Things will be clear next week, so just wait and see.