how to apply together for residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

hi guys..i have been accepted in a finish UAS..i will apply for student residence permit.I am a Bangladeshi citizen currently residing in UK.I want to go Finland along with my husband.Can anyone please tell me how would we be able to move together in Finland?If anybody knows any procedure for applying,please let me know.
In addition,i contacted with finish embassy in London.But unfortunately they were unable to provide any specific information regarding this matter.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Re: how to apply together for residence permit

Post by onkko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 am

If www.migri.fi isnt enough then mail to [email protected]
Im not sure but seems that he can come as spouse if you can prove you can support him, 630e/month.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

guls

Post by guls » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:49 pm

My husband is a student ,we have two kids,we all applied together for the residence permit and got together too and finally moved together to Finland as well. I dont remember we had to do anything extra except than what is mentioned in the website.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:31 am

One point though guls - do you have a permit to work on the student-spouse permit? Or is there a restriction? Students have a restriction to work, but I am not sure what type they give for spouses these days.

If a spouse RP is not entitling the holder to work, prothoma's husband is looking forward sitting home cooking and sowing and minding the kids, but hey, its a modern world.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

guls

Post by guls » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Students and student dependents are issued B type residence permit which probably means they are not entitled to work.But when I went to register myself with the employment office,I was told that I can work,though I have not been able to get a job so far and I remember when we applied for our residence permit,it was mentioned to us by the embassy that I can work.Our case can be considered slightly different as My husband is doing P.hd n is being getting funding.He also teaches.I have a toddler to look after along with doing all cleaning and cooking stuff.In the beginning it was hard for me to accept myself sitting at home without work as I have always been working.But u can't help it.Things are different in UK.I was a student dependent there too.My husband could work 16 hours a week but I was entitled for full time work and I did it.I left the job when I got my younger baby.So I think the situation varies from person to person.We always want to be together as a family.I answered the query as Prothoma mentioned that she wants to move to Finland with her husband.

guls

Post by guls » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:19 pm

hey, its a modern world.............

I agree with you Pursuivant.I used to work 8 hours a day, doing all cleaning,cooking,looking after my kids,shopping and what not and at the end of the day a nice dinner with the family.Satisfying,,isn't it? work not only generates money but also is very important to keep you fit ( physically,mentally and socially).U forget ur tiredness when you calculate what you have learnt and earned.We can't expect a rainfall of money.Even if such kind of miracles might happen,I would still like to work and earn.

prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks a lot guls for your helpful information!Though my situation is a bit different from you.I am a graduate student.But i have a sufficient amount of money approximately 15000 euros in my account to support our livings in Finland.I want to apply for student residence permit asap.The problem is i couldn't able to find any application form for my spouse.In 2.1 section of OLE_OPI student application form is written whether your spouse is applying or intends to apply for a student residence permit.If i filed this section of the application form and submit both of our passports with marriage certificate,do you think that it is enough for both of us to get resident permit?Or is there any other application form which i need to fill up with my application?Please let me know.. I contacted with finish embassy in UK but they were unable to provide any information regarding this matter.
thanking you again :) :)

guls

Post by guls » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Prothoma

I will confirm with my husband and will let you know real soon.

prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 am

Thank you so much...it's really nice of you.take care

prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 am

thanks onkko..i had already emailed at this address and also phoned them in Finland as well.But still couldn't get any specific information.I have to keep trying as we want come together. thanks again

guls

Post by guls » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

PM sent.

prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Dear guls
Thank u so much for ur reply.I checked those forms earlier as well..but in those forms its clearly mentioned that-- This form is for you if you are applying for your first Finnish residence permit on the basis of family ties. Your spouse has a Finnish residence permit and you intend to move to Finland and to lead a family life with him/her.

The problem is i dont have a residence permit at this moment..and i want my hubby to apply with me..because i can't move without him.Do u have any suggestion...please...i really don't know what to do? please help me if u can...

Thanks..again

prothoma13

Post by prothoma13 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 am

Dear guls
thank you so much for your helpful information.i will do the same as you said.i will let you know later on..take care

birdsnbutterflies

Post by birdsnbutterflies » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 am

Hi guls and prothoma, I am in a similar situation. We are both in India, and my husband has been accepted for MS in Finland. I also cannot find which form to use for myself as the student-dependent spouse. Can you please share the procedure (and any other info) about this? I have emailed the embassy, but I guess email takes long to be answered, no reply after 1 week still. And time is short! Any help would be much appreciated :)

guls

Post by guls » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 am

Family ties
Residence permit application for the spouse
Use of form
Form ID
Residence permit application for the spouse of a foreigner resident in finland
OLE_PH1
Word PDF

Clarification of family ties: residence permit application for spouse
PK1_plus