Moving to Helsinki

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
silvia iuliana

Moving to Helsinki

Post by silvia iuliana » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 pm

My name is Silvia and I am from Romania.

I am writing to you because me and my son wish for him to finish high school in Finland.

I would like to mention that my son, Tudor is 14 years old right now and is starting 7th grade. He is top of his class, practices swimming daily, plays the keyboard and the accordion, speaks very good English and medium French, he is very fascinated by geography and history, adding up to his knowledge by reading all the time, he even participated to the city competition in geography, obtaining 2nd place.

Tudor also practiced basketball for one year ( as he is 1,93 m), but unfortunately the basketball club got abolished.

He also goes to theater courses and loves to play bowling.

But beside all these things Tudor has Autism, Aspergers Syndrome. He is recovered up to 97-98%, but he is still getting treatment. Tudor is a high functional Autist ( a high functional autist is the name for the recovered ones).

We wish for him to finish high school in a country where physical education is an important fact, and where he can study the subjects that he has talent for and loves like geography, history ,mathemathics and foreign languages, furthermore in the same time we wish to help him manage by himself, to become more independent.

If there is such a family in Finland, that may wish to welcome Tudor, we would like to meet them as soon as possible. Tudor has two more years until high school, in this time we think it will be good for him to get to know them better, socialize with them and get to feel comfortable with them.
Thank you in advance for helping us

Moving to Helsinki

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Australialainen

Re: Moving to Helsinki

Post by Australialainen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 am

But beside all these things Tudor has Autism, Aspergers Syndrome. He is recovered up to 97-98%, but he is still getting treatment. Tudor is a high functional Autist ( a high functional autist is the name for the recovered ones).
Can you please explain this? I didn't think anyone "recovered" from Autism. I have an Autistic grandson and would love to hear about the treatment that your son has had.