Need Information Plz

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
elidore

Re: Need Information Plz

Post by elidore » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Pursuivant

if he just arrive to finland how could he get a certificate of residance even he's livin' in the same house ?

thank you guys for all ur answers but i'm goin' to apply from finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Well where else is he going to stay for the time being? If you move to Finland and apply for residency but don't live in the same residence as your wife then you had better have a damn good reason for living apart. I.E. both of you have extremely well paid jobs that require you to live apart for the time-being. Cohabitation is more-or-less a prerequisite of residency.
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

elidore

Post by elidore » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:23 pm

i'm goin' to live in the same house with my wife in Kotka, but i'm askin' could i have a residante certificate from maisstratti without resident permit ?

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:27 pm

What the hell is a residence certificate...? :lol: and from Maistraatti? :lol:
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm

"Kotipaikkatodistus" as a matter of fact. But thats a catch-22 as you need to have an ID number and so forth to go into the computer.

BTW Elidore have you & the missus found out what exact papers you need to have with you to get married? The maistraatti wants to see a paper proving you're not married before, apostilled and all proper.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sial

Post by Sial » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:04 pm

@ topic starter

I hate pakistanis cuz they are doing rubbish and stupid things here in finand. since ive been in finland, every pakistani i met here is only talking about sticking in finland by some shortcut and try to suck money from social. Many even assumed that i married to my wife only to get in finland and this made me very sad. May be i am wrong that only Pakistanis are like this (i had a thread on this topic and there are very different views about it) and maybe many other nationalities are doing same thing, so that i dont know. cuz as a foreigner, i dont talk any other nationality , like if i am going somewhere and see a romanian on the way, for sure i got nothing to talk to him cuz they are strangers, but if i see a pakistani, cuz of being same nationality i say hello hi to him and many say same to me first, so thats why my experience is only about pakistanis. They are losers and want to find shortcuts, and it hurts, cuz I am doing pretty hard work here, pay taxes, dont take kela (even i am entitled to few benifits) and want to give something to this beautiful country instead of only sucking it.

And I didnt have any document of residence from any office, by saying having same address i meant that, my wife had that address registered in population system and in our residence permit application form, i mentioned that address where they ask where we gonna live in finland and in extra box, i mentioned that once i will get permit, i will register my this address with authorities. that was my case.

@purusuaivant

I dont know if in helsinki they really speeded up things :) but my case was that and other than me, there are also two people here in this forum who get their permits within 2 months. Maybe my processing was fast cuz my case was pretty straight, our marriage took place in my home country pakistan and i had my original pakistani marriage certificate issued by authorities and was attested by ministry of foreign affairs of pakistan and legalized by embassy of finland in pakistan + our marriage was registered in finland and i had extract of that + we lived together in same house in pakistan for 1 year + My native finnish wife speaks 100% fluent Urdu (my native language) and our language of conversation is Urdu (unlike normal cases where finnish national conversate in english with his or her foreign spouse) + I speak more than beginner finnish.
Infact officials at immigration became very happy and amazed while they saw us talking in urdu infront of them while sorting some papers :) one staff member even asked my wife in finnish ''oh you speak urdu, thats very good, now teach your husband finnish too :)'' and smiled and appreciated that

@ kutittaa

Well the risks you mentiond are quite right. that i mentioned too that a person waiting for decision in finland will use electricity, heating, water and eat + other daily expanses while making no money. mean your expanses will not stop but there will be no income.
And other than that, my point is, applying from outside and within inside got nothing to do with decision. If there is a reason of denial , then application will be denied even if applied from outside and if there is no reason, it will be approved even if applied within inside. Some people says that chances of being approved are greater if applied from outside, while i think decision got nothing to do with it that you applied from finland or from embassy.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:13 pm

+ we lived together in same house in pakistan for 1 year
I remembered something like this. See now this is "proof" of living together Elidore. And that the marriage is "real".
+ My native finnish wife speaks 100% fluent Urdu (my native language)
Well, this means your marriage will last, as you don't have the shock in 2,5 years, when you start understanding Finnish and realise what she is nagging all about ;)
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

elidore

Post by elidore » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 pm

my wife lived me in morocco a lot of time but like a tourist max 1 months but they tell in immigration it's not a proof

@ siad did them ask u to show them the proof that she lived with u ?

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 pm

but like a tourist max 1 months
That's not living together but visiting. Indeed Migri will not accept it.
Living together means for instance renting a house with both your names on the rental contract.

Logic

Post by Logic » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Not looking good, you might end up like this guy who was in a better position than you

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54573

Also, getting the visit visa won't be that easy

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51638

tizlit

Post by tizlit » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 am

Elidore
tizlit are u moroccan ?

No, I am not a Moroccoan ( berbername?), but am married to one, and have gone through enormous paperwork, while living in Morocco. In this case it was that an entry visa was granted to another European country (took over 6 months plus “we knew somebody in this country”), where my husband obtained 5-year residence permit (took over 6 months plus “we knew somebody there”). From there we moved to Finland, which was pretty straight forward. Perhaps this enabled him to obtain residence permit within couple of weeks here.

Only via my personal experience, my advice for you was to stay in Morocco, and sort things out from there, as it is rather difficult for someone to imagine the bureaucracy in Finland, in terms of residence permit, obtaining work, establishing a business, etc etc.
You will face a new entirely different culture and climate, racism, and will be completely dependable of your wife, REGARDLESS of your financial situation (not exactly uplifting for a man). It will be impossible to sort out any kind of paperwork you need, your wife will be running you in arm, from office to office for months on end. Do not take this personally, I do not mean it can happen to you, but there are countless cases of separations (being literally thrown out from home into the snow) and divorces between Moroccoan and Finnish, as they do get fed up as time goes by.

As stated before by others, there is no way of knowing how long the application procedure will take in your particular case whether you live in Helsinki or Kotka.

As there is not proof of you two living together for 2 years (visits as a tourist from your wife do not count!), your only option is to be married. Full stop.

So - you will be better off in the sunshine while waiting, than in the snow.

elidore

Post by elidore » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Tizlit

I'm goin' to apply after my marriage, i know that, we excepting kid me in my wife sooner, so i guess it can help us too, also i'm sure about my relation with my future wife, we love each other, so i know she can support me as long as i need to have a resident permit, i know it's not easy but if we are in love why not to try anything, i'd wait in my country if i had the possibility to have a visa during waitin' the answer of the immigration services, but they were clear, i can't have a visa for familial visit if i have an application for a resident permit, i want to be there when my child will born , so could u help me with ur contact :) the person that u know in immigration or the embassy

Thank you

dev

Post by dev » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:22 pm

elidore wrote:Tizlit
we love each other, so i know she can support me as long as i need to have a resident permit, i know it's not easy but if we are in love why not to try anything,
Thank you
Now, this is wrong. You love each other, right, but is it fair to be a burdon on her, especially when there is a second option (recommended by almost everyone) available? I assume her expenses would already increase after the child and you are being an un-wanted extra burdon on her, just because you are eager to get here?

Please try to understand that it can easily take half an year for the decision. You don't have any relationship history, so your case is not going to be very straight forward for sure. Also, it's not like police will send you couple of jobs offers along with their residence permit decision. Job situation is really not good here especially if you can't even speak the language and don't have high + recognized education.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 pm

dev wrote:
elidore wrote:Tizlit
we love each other, so i know she can support me as long as i need to have a resident permit, i know it's not easy but if we are in love why not to try anything,
Thank you
Now, this is wrong. You love each other, right, but is it fair to be a burdon on her, especially when there is a second option (recommended by almost everyone) available? I assume her expenses would already increase after the child and you are being an un-wanted extra burdon on her, just because you are eager to get here?
She might be eager to get him here too. I do hope elidore and his bride count the costs before committing to anything. Three mouths to feed with lower income and the breadwinner suffering from postnatal depression... I hope it isn't too cold if (at first *I wrote "when"..) that happens.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

And the burden is not only financially. The only thing you can do here is sitting and being bored. That doesn't bring out the best in people. And if you live with your (future) wife 24/7 you'll soon have seen enough of each other. And during the pregnancy and after the birth your wife is also not in the best mood either. It has to be a very good relationship to come out of this period unharmed. And if I interpret your posts correctly, you haven't build a relationship yet, you're just in love.

Of course the baby will be a focal point of your life. But the first few months bring their own set of problems. Forget about a good night sleep or doing nice things together. It's just changing diapers and cleaning all the time.