Need Information Plz

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
elidore

Need Information Plz

Post by elidore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi,

I'm Moroccan, i'll get marry with a Finnish woman in April, she wants me to live in finlande, i want to know wich way is better to get the resident permit, is goin' to the Finnish embassy in morocco is better ??? or to get a visa and ask for the resident permit directly in Finlande ? i want to know how much time that takes in the double case ? and is there any risk if i ask it in finlande coz as u know a visa is maximaly for 3 months ? i want to know from someone who had the same experience like me ?

I hope u'll give me all the information i need
Notice: i was in all the official sites www.migri.fi etc i want to read from you, people who had the same experience
plz help me

Need Information Plz

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dev

Re: Need Information Plz

Post by dev » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

First of all, why don't you ask your future wife to help you getting such information instead of asking from strangers here?
Regarding your question, you can't apply for residence permit before you get married (as I guess you havn't been living together for 2 years).

elidore

Post by elidore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 pm

thank for the reply, me and my wife we are searching for all the information, it's clear on my post that we have the official process, but we need to see some experiences like our, to see how is diffuclt and wich is the best for us, my future she's goin' to get married for the first time with a foreign so it's the same for her, she needs to read and to ask to get information, i hope to read some helpful information, and and for ur question, we didn't live together for 2 years but i know her 3 years ago, and we see each other a lot of time in my country, but i don't know what's the difference ???

dev

Post by dev » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:41 pm

As far I know, if you are already in Finland you can apply from Finland as well, but many people have mentioned in previous posts on this forum that processing is faster if you apply from your home country.
Also keep in mind that if you apply in Finland, you won't be able to do anything unless decision is made, and it can take nearly an year. So, if you don't mind wasting one year sitting at home and getting frustrated, you can apply here but in my opinion, the better way would be to apply from your home country and move here once the decision is made. That way you would atleast not waste your time.

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:45 pm

elidore wrote:Hi,

I'm Moroccan, i'll get marry with a Finnish woman in April, she wants me to live in finlande, i want to know wich way is better to get the resident permit, is goin' to the Finnish embassy in morocco is better ??? or to get a visa and ask for the resident permit directly in Finlande ?
We really have had this some topic many times... If you apply in Finland the time it takes depends A) on the local queue at the police of your home town here (Helsinki at least used to be very bad, making applying from abroad faster), B) particulars of your case after you're past the queuing stage and they actually look at your papers and decide does the marriage look like a real one or is there something suspicious. The 'B' part does not really change if you apply abroad or ont.

If you really want to get to get things done fast, you should try to get married soon (even if you'd have bigger festivities only in April), then submit the application papers to embassy and you might very well have the permit by April-
and is there any risk if i ask it in finlande coz as u know a visa is maximaly for 3 months ? i
You can stay while the application is being processed. You're not allowed to work, do degree studies and you're not elligble to public healthcare or social benefits while waiting. Largely what you need to decide is whether you prefer waiting in Finland under these conditions or in Morocco.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm

dev is right, if you applied here, you would be allowed to stay in Finland until the decision is made. BUT you would be unable to do anything (ask your future wife how she thinks life would be in Finland without an ID number), you would be uninsured and not allowed to work or study or leave the country. The decisions can take up to a year, depending a bit on how busy migri are and on how clear a case they think it is. I would worry that your country is on the list of countries that the migri does not trust, so they might think the marriage is fake so you can get into EU (I am not saying this is the case, just that migri will be more paranoid in your case than if a person from eg USA is applying). Making the application in Morocco and waiting there would in that case probably help to convince them that you are not using ugly tricks to get into EU. But your wife should really be asking these questions for you, that is the only way to get official answers. Take any answer you get from this forum as only suggestions and opinions.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm

interleukin wrote:not allowed to work or study or leave the country.
You can always leave... getting back would be the problematic thing ;)
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

elidore

Post by elidore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 pm

thank you for all ur answers but what if my future is pregnant and we're waitin' for a baby is this can change anything about the process in finlande, coz i don't know how much they need to study my demand here in the embassy ???

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm

elidore wrote:thank you for all ur answers but what if my future is pregnant and we're waitin' for a baby is this can change anything about the process in finlande
Unlikely to change the processing time, although medical certificate attached to application could quite possibly increase the chance of its eventual approval (a registered birth would definitely do that)

If this pregnancy issue is not a hypothetical one I would not wait until April with marriage and application.
coz i don't know how much they need to study my demand here in the embassy ???
They won't study it much there. If you apply abroad, decision is always made by Migri in Helsinki.

elidore

Post by elidore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 pm

i'm really confused, so you tell me that if my future wife is pregnant that can help us to have to residence permit ?

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:55 pm

elidore wrote:i'm really confused, so you tell me that if my future wife is pregnant that can help us to have to residence permit ?
I don't really know. It is not officially listed as a reason to grant a permit. We included a medical certificate with my wife's application at that time thinking it won't at least hurt. In the end it may have speeded up the process slightly, but then it was a permit for her, not for me.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 pm

elidore wrote:i'm really confused, so you tell me that if my future wife is pregnant that can help us to have to residence permit ?
How it could help? Pregnant woman, but to who? Migri can't know it, paternity tests are usually done after the birth.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

elidore

Post by elidore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 pm

why it's so complicated, so if i'm right the best thing is askin' the permit from the embassy here in my country, but how much time that takes to have an answer ? and is there any possibilities that they refuse to give me the permit ? i don't know what to do coz i want to be near my wife ? what can i do to accelerate the process and what my wife could do too for this

Evertony

Post by Evertony » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 pm

There is no easy way, it is tough even for Europeans to get into Finland. I would stay in Morroco for now, because if you come over and then are told to leave it will be twice as hard on you and your family.

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 pm

elidore wrote:what can i do to accelerate the process and what my wife could do too for this
Get married "now" (as soon as it can be arranged) instead of waiting three months. If the marriage does not take place in Finland submit the marriage document (after required legalization) to the embassy the same or following day and after having done that submit the punctually filled residence permit application forms with all required attachments.