The '3 month rule'

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:47 pm

And getting a bank account you needed what - a gas bill? :lol: I've said somewhere before there is bureaucracy in Finland as well as in the UK. A bit different - but still.

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mook

Post by Mook » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:27 pm

Hank W. wrote:And getting a bank account you needed what - a gas bill? :lol: I've said somewhere before there is bureaucracy in Finland as well as in the UK. A bit different - but still.
Ah, the UK stakes have been rasied. It's now two forms of ID and two proofs of address (So you now need two gas bills). This is even needed if you're already a customer of the bank :?:

An ID card would solve all these problems but it apparently infinges on ones civil liberties.
---
Image http://blog.enogastronomist.com | http://blog.enogastronomisti.com

lotta

Post by lotta » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:44 pm

michael.webster wrote:
Hank W. wrote:And getting a bank account you needed what - a gas bill? :lol: I've said somewhere before there is bureaucracy in Finland as well as in the UK. A bit different - but still.
Ah, the UK stakes have been rasied. It's now two forms of ID and two proofs of address (So you now need two gas bills). This is even needed if you're already a customer of the bank :?:

An ID card would solve all these problems but it apparently infinges on ones civil liberties.
Yep caused me all sorts of problems, I had a job, but couldn't get a bank account because all the household bills were in my BF's name, Eventually they accepted the letter notifying me of my NI number as my proof of address!

duncanl

Post by duncanl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:14 pm

Thanks for all the replies- seems like i opened a small can of worms! I'm still not quite clear on where I should actually get the SSN from? As the Maistratti told it i need to register with the foreign police, wait three ,omths and then go back to them??? sorry if i'm being a bit thick, I kind of expected it to be easier than this, does anyone know if the rules have recently changed as I have a friend who moved here from outsidfe the EU )Mexico) with a girlfriend- still does not have indefinite leave or full-time working rights and he was issued his SSN sane day by the Naistratti when he went to register???

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:24 pm

What kind of permit do they have?